The Excelsior Lounge

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I love mine. I’ve added the tone knob control (wiring isn’t my strong suit. Got it backwards. So it’s like the Proco Rat filter knob. But works) haha. I put a eminence legend speaker (same one the pro models have)

bparnell57

Poster Extraordinaire
I never did snag an excelsior and now I’m afraid it may be a little late. At least I am all set on Gretas though. Somehow I managed to end up with four of them! 😜

I bought my second Greta as a backup. Later someone posted an add for two Gretas, and I put in a lowball bid on them for the hell of it, never thinking I would win.

Any chance you may want to let go of one of your Greta amps? Feel free to send me a message if so. I've been keeping an eye out for one for years and never see them in stores anymore.

JustABluesGuy

Friend of Leo's
Any chance you may want to let go of one of your Greta amps? Feel free to send me a message if so. I've been keeping an eye out for one for years and never see them in stores anymore.
I’ve never seen one in a store.

I know they were a limited run and have been out of production for a long time.

I’m terrible about selling off stuff, but I will put you on a list of potential buyers.

I wanted to have spare parts and am thinking about recabbing one of them into a cabinet with a larger speaker, but I will still have more than I really need.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Got mine today and really like it. Replaced the original MIC tubes with ElectroHarmonix 6v6s, a JJ 12AY7 in V1 and a GT 12AX7s in V2. Sounds really great. I like the sweet spot on the switch between the bright and dark slider setting, and my vt999 Tube Monster pedal turned down low makes for a nice eq/preamp; will also try a Fish n' Chips graphic eq.