The Essential FUNK Guitar Practice Routine

RedRobe

TDPRI Member
Hello guys!

In today's funk guitar lesson I'll show you patterns and exercises to help you with the right hand technique and the 16th note subdivision. Let's practice some funk rhythms!

You’ll find 10 different exercises to help you with developing the technique as well as the time feel.

This tutorial will be great for beginners, but more advanced players will also find some useful information here.

Let me know whether you find this tutorial useful and have a nice sunday! :)

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
4/4….I was taught a measure of 16th notes is counted 1-e-&-uh-2-e-&-uh-3-e-&-uh-4-e-&-uh. This keeps the count of the 1/4 beats as 1-2-3-4. 1/8th notes are counted 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &.
Otherwise, excellent basic lesson on funk.

drewg

Tele-Holic
Hello guys!

In today's funk guitar lesson I'll show you patterns and exercises to help you with the right hand technique and the 16th note subdivision. Let's practice some funk rhythms!

You’ll find 10 different exercises to help you with developing the technique as well as the time feel.

This tutorial will be great for beginners, but more advanced players will also find some useful information here.

Let me know whether you find this tutorial useful and have a nice sunday! :)

Very cool! I watched the beginning and will watch more when I have time. I love the funk guitar sound and would like to get that in a few of my recordings...