Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Buckocaster51, Oct 1, 2007.
So, if you owned a strip club, which of these would you call "pink?"
any of the three besides 45P.
What would it look like if you mixed all four together?
I've never been to a strip club, but I'd have to say that the one on the right looks the most pink of the 4
Barbie pink is #FD67DF or 253/103/223 in RGB. There was probably a team of psychologists who came up with that colour.
59P, IMHO. The left two are a bit pastel and the other is more purply.
I'm going to go do something manly now (perhaps chop wood), to compensate for all this.
Please tell me you're sparkle-bursting a pink paisley!
....always been a fan of the one on the left.....
If you owned a strip club would you be worrying about sparkle guitars
I'm wondering what the hair like fibers are at the top of the pic...a faux fur boa or something?? Souvenir from the club?? Oh and 59P
Sorry to disappoint!
I figured you'd say something like that...and actually I am the exact opposite of disappointed. Keep up the stunning work.
I'm looking forward to the installation of the f-hole binding.
Can't say that cause I'm not...yet.
You know, I probably would...
I am looking forward to putting that stuff in as well.
But something tells me I am going to make another one and see if I can tighten those corners up a bit.
If you know what I mean!
So, let's talk about some NEW stuff!
At times I have felt compelled to put checkerboard binding around a headstock, but I haven't done much with single binding around a headstock.
That's going to change.
I sharpened up the blade on my purfling cutter
and am going to try to cut a 0.040" x 0.25" binding channel around this headstock.
Score, score, score, chisel, chisel, chisel and about an hour later...
and by golly, there is a channel for the binding!
Then I went to the binding cupboard...and it was bare!
Ordered some up from StewMac, along with some other stuff...and they binding didn't ship. Yikes! A quick email to StewMac rectified everything and the binding is on the way and should be here tomorrow.
Which gives me some time to think about this...
a while back, Tommy at USACG sent this to me...a BOX...with STUFF inside.
A big chunk of mahogany and a smaller chunk of maple.
Pretty plain maple, but that is okay, nobody will be able to grinch at me about covering up great grain.
Check to see if it is indeed the requested thickness...
Check! 1.750000000" (I am pretending I am a kid using a calculator - if they are on the screen, write them down! The must be important!"
We'll lay out the body on the mahogany...
and cut it close to the black line on a band saw.
Goodness! It has been a while since I have cut mahogany. It is like butter! No wonder it is the wood of choice for so many things.
Then we'll throw a template on it and route it to shape.
This going to be chambered under the maple. Never have done that. Need to do some head scratching.
The goal, I guess, is to remove as much wood as we can while maintaining some sort of structural integrity. Actually more than just "some sort" of structural integrity, we don't want the thing to implode on itself.
Which reminds me of a story: When I put together my last D-18 style guitar I decided to make it so thin that the first time I strung it up, it would just crumple. Well, I missed that mark, but I did wind up with a guitar that is light as a feather, resonates for days, and pretty much has that "dry Martin sound." About 6 years later it is still a very decent guitar. Nobody, not once, has asked, "Is that a real guitar or did you build it?" I think that is a good sign.
I hardly EVER throw anything away. So with a little digging I was able to find a Crappy Old Worn Out Template.
This one is so far gone that BONDO can't even fix it.
I'll set my High-Tech DiWiDi Technologies Mk III Scribing Tool (a tool, by the way, that came in WAY below my $100 maximum) to 3/4" and mark around the outside.
and cut things pretty much to shape with a sabre saw.
the inside of the curves will have to be smoothed out with rasps, sanders and the oscillating spindle sander
but for the straight lines we can fasten a straight-edge to the template and use the router.
(after we turn it over)
Pretty much straight
Is that BONDO I see?
As long as we have already crossed that path, we'll use some more. After all, we want these cavities, the cavities that will be covered up forever and a bit longer with that piece of maple, to look the best they can. At a minimum, I will always know what they look like.
then we can transfer the pattern to the body
note the weight: 3 lb 14 oz (about 1.8 kg)
and then premove as much wood as we can at the drill press with a Forstner bit.
I'll bet it doesn't weight 3 - 14 now!
With the template cleaned up and screwed in place
we can route it to depth
I am leaving 3/8" on the backside/bottom of the chambers. I haven't worked with a lot of mahogany and am afraid that if I go thinner it may crack some day. Pretty conservative for a person that covers guitars in Stripper Dust!
Look at this!
Managed to knock 1 1/16 pound off! I'm thinking that this will be a pretty lightweight body...even after it gets the mandatory 4 ounces of flake and goop.
If you know what I mean!