The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TC6969, Jan 25, 2020.

1. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

One reason old dudes will not own a composite pistol, they call them plastic. They can't get beyond it.

nojazzhere and Straydogger like this.
  2. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

I once belonged to a gun website where illiteracy was not only celebrated but encouraged.

Sentences like "There where to many loosers in line at the wherehouse where they where giving out the free underwhere." wouldn't even raise an eyebrow but a 200 word paragraph would be derided as TDLR (Too long, didn't read)

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

I've got another one!

"This amp (or these pickups) really reveals the mistakes in your playing!" :eek::D:p;)

But that's another thread.

nojazzhere and Straydogger like this.
  4. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

I like to imagine that it's the name of one of the characters in one of Plato's dialogues.

Got Twang, gimmeatele and Dismalhead like this.
  5. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Nope, actually a very high ranking politician.:confused:o_O

shupe13 and suave eddie like this.
  6. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Same here across the pond.

7. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

What I miss about the pre-Internet age was that dumb people knew they were dumb, and they properly stayed under their assigned rocks. Now they get on the Internet where they can join communities that reinforce their stupid opinions, and embolden them to go out and harass people who actually know what they're talking about.

8. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Nope. Sadly no. Like others have pointed out, stupidity has always existed. I think we can agree that the earth-centric model of the universe went on a little too long, along with the treatment of people who thought differently.

In any case, rejection of science and expertise is stupidity. Not ignorance.

I work in the health/medical field. I see patients complain all the time that they can’t understand their foreign doctors’ accents.

Let that sink in.

The flip side of that are patients who doctor shop to get whatever diagnosis or treatment they think they have, or are somehow entitled to.

As to the OP, I live in WV, so I hear redneck reasoning like that all the time. With the addition of some president being either the cause or the cure for whatever ‘issue’ it is.

Curiously, the dumbest thing I ever heard was not in WV, but in Utah. Long time buddy and I were at a video rental back when there was such a thing, some time in the late 90s. We overheard some teenage girls talking about Romeo and Juliet (the DiCaprio version), I’m assuming lamenting that their parents (or something else Utah related) wouldn’t approve of them renting it.

“I can’t believe they gave Shakespeare an R rating!!!”

nvilletele, JL_LI and Ignatius like this.
  9. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

In certain regions for sure...

10. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic

Actually, some of the comments I read on this site.

televillian likes this.
  11. LetItGrowTone

LetItGrowTone Tele-Meister

Why so many linguistic hints in the original post? Must it be so narrowly delimited? Yes.

12. Tuneup

Tuneup Tele-Meister

People imitate... so look at what's on TV and in the movies... start with "Jackass".

13. Caleb Cull

Caleb Cull TDPRI Member

Really? Some of the dumbest stuff I hear comes from people whose undeserved superiority complexes stem in part from apparently having survived a no-frills childhood.

You've seen their memes on Facebook: "I walked five miles to school and drank full-fat Coke and climbed trees and ate dogsh*t and swam in sewage outflows and didn't have no iPads or youtubes and daddy put out cigarettes on my back when I was bad and I turned out just fine! Like and share if you did too!"

14. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

I grew up watching the Three Stooges and never, ever slapped someone, poked someone in the eye or hit them with a hammer. I think maybe I was raised better than that. :)

Mad Kiwi, SuprHtr, Gardo and 2 others like this.
  15. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Maybe so, but how many times have you said, "MOE, LARRY THE CHEESE! MOE, LARRY THE CHEESE! WOOO-WOO-WOOOO-WOO-WOOO!!!!"?

SuprHtr and Blue Bill like this.
  16. Tuneup

Tuneup Tele-Meister

Well maybe I'm an old grouch, but it seems there are more stupid people than "raised better than that" people.

televillian and ReverendRevolver like this.
  17. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

Probably a couple times...lol

18. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

I definitely agree with that......LOL

19. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

An acquaintance of mine is a pharmacist, was in the ER one night as they brought in a motorcycle crash victim. As hes standing there, the nurse goes to raise the patients arm, to get a pulse.
    The bones in the guys hand
    "Fell out of his skin like dice from a bag"
    Most people I know who work in hospitals call them donorcycles.

My first fulltime job was building desktops for a computer store, as well as odd jobs like filing, taking customers and calls, etc.
    I got a phone call from some guy who claimed the cup holder on his PC broke. Now, this was like 2005ish, I figured it was a prank call. I asked him to repeat, he hung up. I told the techs. We had a good laugh, went back to what I was doing.
    Guy came in. Sure enough, he broke his "cup holder"........

20. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Years ago, when I first went to work for a huge sign company as a neon glassblower, I learned there was a big rivalry and divide among the "workers" (generally high school grads at best) and the sign designers. (college degree at minimum) I was a "worker", although I also had a college education. Other workers mocked the designers for their educations, not understanding their lack of practical experience was IN SPITE of being educated.....they were simply stupid designers. The designers, in turn, looked down on workers, believing if they had any intelligence they would aspire to going to college and not just "working with their hands". I straddled both worlds, and could see the merits and failings of both communities. On occasion, a designer, after learning my background, would pay attention when I would point out a flaw or way to improve their original design, apparently respecting my view SOLELY BECAUSE I HAD A DEGREE....
    honestly, that degree had nothing to do with it, and my ideas were no different from any of the other workers who were experienced and skilled.....but that's how it was. The workers were also guilty of condemning the designers BECAUSE of their education. It was a tightrope I had to walk almost every day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.