The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TC6969, Jan 25, 2020.

1. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

You just reminded me of another Steven Hawking that I met at a red light one Sunday morning.

The helmet law had been repealed at midnight and here this guy was at the light.

Heavy boots jeans with leather chaps, a leather jacket and a blue RAG tied on his head!

I said "Hows it feel to be free man?"

He replied "Feels GREAT dude!"

I said "Why don't you get rid of all that hot leather and get some shorts and flip flops?"

"WHAT? Are you high!" Me and this baby part company at 40 miles per hour, I'm having me some PROTECTION!

2. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

Stop makin' fun. I work with some of these people. :eek: :lol:

3. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Holic

I wanna know more about this exclusive country thing

Modman68 likes this.
  4. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Remember that there are over 300 million people in this country now, and that people get their education from Youtube and social media instead of the well funded public education system that we had in our youth, and the disdain for those "educated elites", and there you have it! More people, poorer education, more easily derived misinformation, and you have an epidemic. How many on this very forum don't know the difference between to, too, and two, or between your and you're, or between their, there, and they're, and can't spell Squier? I could go on, but I think I've made my case.

5. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Overheard at a local cafe during the last heavy snowfall:
    "drive carefully"
    "oh I don't have to worry about that, my car is all wheel drive "

George Carlin put it best
    "Just think how stupid the average person is then realize half the people are even stupider than that "

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Got Twang, tintag27, RomanS and 15 others like this.
  6. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Meister

I believe there's a limited amount of smart in the gene pool, and as the population grows, it gets diluted, so everyone gets less, on average.

More evidence from the intellectually unremarkable -- I overheard 2 local fellers discussing gas prices, which had come down from over $4/gal to around $2.50. "I don't know about this new gas. With the old stuff, I could get almost $40 worth in my tank. Now, I can only get $25 worth in there."

RomanS, Piggy Stu, Modman68 and 7 others like this.
  7. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Hey ... hold my beer for a minute ...

Straydogger likes this.
  8. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Color options? They come in black and OD green, in addition to the red and blue training models they used to offer to law enforcement ;)
    Just got a LM guide rail laser for mine. Despite innovations kind of passing them by regarding modular features and carry-ability, they're still a Glock.

For the last week, I've been helping in the online pickup part of my store, where people order online and come pickup thier merchandise ar curbside, etc. Once a day(at least), some random person will pull up, tell the (typically teenage) employee the name on the order, and be told "alright, be back in just a moment with your order"
    To which they reply:
    "Why are you walking away from me?"

The exposure of stupid Is well covered. "Florida Man" type stories get better coverage than the Olympics. probably dur to frequency of occurrences, but nevertheless, its gotten to "wow" levels.

Idiocracy. Its going to happen ;)

9. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

I know my toos and they're-s, but my temperamental autocorrect dictates if I'm spelling squier like a knight in training or not......
    Also, itll flip the aforementioned "r" with the "e", but leaves "for" spelled "fir" if I fat finger the "i" .

PlainAllman and nojazzhere like this.
  10. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

I believe that was Bill Cosby who once said, "The only reason they put seatbelts in cars is because the ambulance attendants are too lazy to look for the body."

nojazzhere likes this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

thoughts and prayers!

12. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

If your job is a cashier in a grocery store, it seems like you should have at least a 3rd grade grasp of math, right? Our water cooler at home takes 4-gallon containers. The cash registers at the store where I get them refilled are programmed for 1-gallon, 2-gallon, 3-gallon, or 5 gallon sizes.... no 4-gallon. I always tell the cashier that I have three - 4-gallon containers, so that makes 12 gallons. So they could key in 12 ones, or 6 twos, or 4 threes, right? It's amazing how often they have to call a manager to show them how to do it, because there isn't an option for 4-gallon.

nojazzhere and Deathray like this.
  13. televillian

televillian Tele-Holic

it`s the only country i have personal experience with

14. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

I saw a clip about a guy who said that an American invented the wheel!! Dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!

RomanS, Cheecharron, NewKid and 11 others like this.
  15. kbold

kbold Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The intellectually challenged tend to have more offspring then educated people.
    So basically intelligence is being bred out of society.

If you want to read a great book on stupidity; "The basic laws of human stupidity", which covers the 5 basic laws of stupidity.
    The 4th basic law:
    "Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals.
    In particular, non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances, to deal and/or associate with stupid people infallibly turns out to be a costly mistake."

Uncle Bob, ce24, RomanS and 4 others like this.
  16. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Im all for knocking stupid but in IT I see this all the time. People lock up for some reason in these situations. Often even smart people, something just happens...sort of a version of stage fright I think.

I love it when doing a $6 purchase you give a $10 and $1 coin so you can hopefully get a $5 note back (for example)...same thing, they just freeze up and can't figure it out. I think its lack of experience in that situation (cash handling) and stagefright.

ce24, RomanS, mkdaws32 and 4 others like this.
  17. televillian

televillian Tele-Holic

ever see those bumper stickers "my kid can beat up your honor roll kid" kinda says it all

18. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I was at a grocery store a few years ago the dairy section. There was a guy looking at the soy milk, and commenting on the price: "I don't know why this stuff costs more than regular milk. It's the same cow."

19. kbold

kbold Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dunno bout that: the wheel's a pretty good invention IMO.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nojazzhere, Wallo Tweed and ce24 like this.
  20. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Holic

Some years ago I was teaching an adult education class in bicycle repair and maintance when someone in the class asked about helmets. I told the class about bicycle helmets and that I always used one. Then I invited one of the students in my class to add his opinion. He was in scrubs and I sort of expected him to be a medical professinal who would support what I said.
    It was great. He was an ER doctor. He said, "yeah, we have a special name for bikers who don't wear helmets. We call them organ donors."

Mark

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.