The Dumbest Impulse Buy

Phrygian77

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
This box has been sitting in my garage since around late March or early April.

PXL_20201110_161101459.jpg

At the time, I was thinking, "If we're going to be stuck at home through the spring. We may as well enjoy our time alone." So, without any foresight, planning, or consideration about the insurance implications (we don't even have a fence), I simply went and bought an above ground pool. We had talked about a real inground pool for years. It just wasn't going to happen.

I believe I paid close to $350 for it. The box weighed nearly 200 pounds. I wrestled it by myself from the store, into my truck, and into my garage. Now, I don't think I could even give it away.

It probably tops the list of stupidest things I've bought on a whim.

Last edited:

Torren61

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This box has been sitting in my garage since around late March or early April.

View attachment 784236

At the time, I was thinking, "If we're going to be stuck at home through the spring. We may as well enjoy our time alone." So, without any foresight, planning, or consideration about the insurance implications (we don't even have a fence), I simply went and bought an above ground pool. We had talked about a real inground pool for years. It just wasn't going to happen.

I believe I paid close to $350 for it. The box weighed nearly 200 pounds. I wrestled it by myself from the store, into my truck, and into my garage. Now, I don't think I could even give it away.

It probably tops the list of stupidest things I've bought on a whim.

FISH ON!!

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
If that pool wasn’t so heavy to ship I’d be PayPal-ing you right now.

I hesitated on buying one of those in April, then they all suddenly evaporated and you couldn’t find any,and we ended up having a loooong hot and sunny summer.

D’oh ! :confused:

One man’s embarrassing nightmare is another man’s unattainable dream ...:(

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
If that pool wasn’t so heavy to ship I’d be PayPal-ing you right now.

I hesitated on buying one of those in April, then they all suddenly evaporated and you couldn’t find any,and we ended up having a loooong hot and sunny summer.

D’oh ! :confused:

One man’s embarrassing nightmare is another man’s unattainable dream ...:(

Ha!

I was just thinking the same thing!

I’ve been saying for years I was gonna get one and seriously was gonna look for one this year when they all got bought up

Coloradotwanger

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
An EVH 5150 Series last month.Fretwork was junk.Neck had a slight twist.Other than that it was a sweet guitar.Sounded great.I sent it back.I mainly wanted to add a Floyd Rose guitar to my Collection.I just got one of the new Kramers in to replace the EVH.Very pleased so far!
EVH2.jpg Kramer1.jpg

Last edited:

donrichfan

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Funny $*!t. It's easy to see why someone would want to buy that. The family looks like they're having such a good time. I like the little blonde kid that's being attacked by the two older bullies / sibs.
I wish I had a dumb impulse buy to share, but I'm not sure where to start.

Last edited:

Danb541

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I bought one of these off craigslist a few years ago for $20. I have no use for it but $20 was just too cheap. Maybe it's worth $50? I have no idea. I think its called a squier HM strat (heavy metal?). I found the pic on the web. My guitar is exactly like it. I believe they were late 80's guitars. made in Korea
39334217_1097664100383179_3087491503346417664_o.jpg