the dissapointment of it all

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Many years ago I took some audio courses from a Gent Named Marty Hasselbach , Marty was sound engineer at that time at Columbia Academy and studio Manager for Water Street Sound in Vancouver , He was also the live engineer for bands like Phil Collins, Gerry Doucette, Powder Blues, Doug and the Slugs, Al Foreman, etc,.
His brother Mark was trumpet player in Powder Blues.

So One day Marty taught me how to make a cable tester , a Valuable piece of equipment as there were none comercially available at that time. When I left Vancouver I gave this to @boxocrap along with a few other items for recording that he could use in his studio at the time.

So in 94' I move to Kamloops ( I've never looked back) but in true reality I found I needed my Cable tester when I decided to slide down the musicians rabbit hole again, so I made a new one that could read 1/4"RTS,T/S, XLR, RCA , these were the prodominent cables at that time ,

P1012001.JPG

Today i pulled out my tester to use on some 20' guitar cables and behold the battery was dead , what gives? that a 9 volt battery will only last 28 years then dies just when you need it the most , go figure

I was so dissapointed , it just goes to show you!

On a different note :

I got this sent to me , prooving that USPS is dilligent in delivery attempts ( you know ,Snow , sleet rain and hail etc.)

-1.jpg

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Many years ago I took some audio courses from a Gent Named Marty Hasselbach , Marty was sound engineer at that time at Columbia Academy and studio Manager for Water Street Sound in Vancouver , He was also the live engineer for bands like Phil Collins, Gerry Doucette, Powder Blues, Doug and the Slugs, Al Foreman, etc,.

So One day Marty taught me how to make a cable tester , a Valuable piece of equipment as there were none comercially available at that time. When I left Vancouver I gave this to @boxocrap along with a few other items for recording that he could use in his studio at the time.

So in 94' I move to Kamloops ( I've never looked back) but in true reality I found I needed my Cable tester when I decided to slide down the musicians rabbit hole again, so I made a new one that could read 1/4"RTS,T/S, XLR, RCA , these were the prodominent cables at that time ,

View attachment 978534

Today i pulled out my tester to use on some 20' guitar cables and behold the battery was dead , what gives? that a 9 volt battery will only last 28 years then dies just when you need it the most , go figure

On a different note :

I got this sent to me , prooving that USPS is dilligent in delivery attempts ( you know ,Snow , sleet rain and hail etc.)

View attachment 978533
Simply proving SOMEONE at the P.O. has a sense of humor........don't let a supervisor find out! :)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If it was Duracell, I would contact them, they might send you a replacement. I can't help you with your bush and box problem. ;)

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Having worked as a postman I can assure you I've probably heard a lot even worser than you.
25 years in with 125 carriers you have no idea the things ( shall I say ...the reports) i dealt with I wont go into detail but there were many , many chuckle moments , for sure .
I had agreat repore with my carriers ( I still get hugs from the girls )

a creative bunch of silent geniuses for sure.

Last edited:

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
If it was Duracell, I would contact them, they might send you a replacement. I can't help you with your bush and box problem. ;)
the unit still worked but the LEDs were really dim didnt even make it to 30 years.
this throw away generation with planned obsolescence geez.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire

View attachment 978534

On a different note :

View attachment 978533
That can be read soooooo many ways!