The Discontinued Fender Amp that used FUSE® Software Thread!

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Lots of Mustang and GDec owners here. I love my mustangs and I have decided to have a thread for people who need resources since the software was discontinued. I'm going to put a bunch (I have more than 100) presets up and put the last installers up too... for this first post, here is a link to the Windows installer and some presets. Tomorrow, I'll put up the mac installer. After that, I'm going to put up Presets named so you'd recognize what I'm going for, you can tweak them to your desire or just use them. I gigged a ton of them and I think they sound good. I used a telecaster to sound test them, and I intentionally used Texas Specials so that pretty much anything 'better' would sound even better.

If you are using past Windows 7, I do not think this will work. The Mac version seems perfect at about 10.7.

My thought is that if you don't have a machine that can work, I'll have a mac loaner that we can figure out sending back and forth. Once you get your mustang tamed and set free (at the same time) with all the best presets that you love, you can leave it for awhile. I"m dedicating an old macbook to just doing Fuse as I plan to use the mustangs for awhile. Also, if you want, you can send me your mustang and I can load it for you (shipping is your cost etc) I had my Dobie Gray Preset on tonight and thought, this is such a cool amp!

see link below if you want windows version.

Mustang Stuff!

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Mustang Sounds Directions—>

download zip file to your pc.

Once the file downloads and you expand the zip file,

You will see two items—> the fuse installer exe and a directory called Fender

Take a moment and connect your fender mustang amp to your computer (you should have a USB cable that came with your amp. If not, you need a USB mini to standard 2.0 USB cable.

Connect your amp to your computer. and turn the amp on.

Run the installer, assuming it installs, launch the app. it should open up and ask you which Fender product you have. Select your model.

You may see some lights flash on your mustang.

When the application comes on (and maybe you have used the app before) you can click on the ‘open’ button. a directory window will open, navigate to your desktop to the Fender Folder to FUSE and then to Presets. Inside Presets you’ll find a list of Presets… open one—> Luchenbach, for example is a version of a Waylon Jennings type sound. There are a few in this grouping. Go ahead and try it… ONLY turn the gain knob on your amp for volume. You don’t need to worry about any knobs. (Before turning on the amp, I usually set the amp at all 6’s… this allows me to make adjustments to presets as the room, pickups or mood move me.)

I have a BUNCH of presets, the California preset is for Hotel California, the Keith Urban one is for ’Til Summer Comes Around’ and so on.

I’ll write up a full listing and put them up in the next few days.

If you LOVE a preset you can ‘import’ the preset into the amp and it will be there permanently (or until you replace it)

What I do is organize the 5-10 I use most and set them in a row so, on the gig, I use my footpedal to advance them or move to them.

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
A very good idea to do this GB. I have a G Dec 3 thirty and was able to down load all the efuse stuff before they pulled the plug. And from what I could see the fuse was much better then the new Tone software. I will see if I can put it all on a usb drive.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
A very good idea to do this GB. I have a G Dec 3 thirty and was able to down load all the efuse stuff before they pulled the plug. And from what I could see the fuse was much better then the new Tone software. I will see if I can put it all on a usb drive.
I"m gonna knock together a website where we can store any presets that guys have with a little description...

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Loved my GDEC 3-30 in Western Tolex... I thought it sounded great for a little modeler. I got rid of it, really, only because I didn't want to keep it until it died: because there is no repair/replace on them since they were discontinued. I thought "better to get some money for it now than NO money for it ever." But for an Uber-low-volume amp, I thought it was great.

Even tho I HATE menu scrolling, which seemed eternally necessary with the amp. At least for me.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Loved my GDEC 3-30 in Western Tolex... I thought it sounded great for a little modeler. I got rid of it, really, only because I didn't want to keep it until it died: because there is no repair/replace on them since they were discontinued. I thought "better to get some money for it now than NO money for it ever." But for an Uber-low-volume amp, I thought it was great.

Even tho I HATE menu scrolling, which seemed eternally necessary with the amp. At least for me.

these amps without connecting to a computer are about 15% of what they can be.

The western tolex sounds cool. Whenever we zip down to socal to see family, I try to see if I can pick up a II or III for 100-150.

I got one a couple weeks ago and fired it up, it was okay, then I FINALLY broke out an old laptop and took the time to load up my 'good' presets and... wow. I was pretty happy... incredible how much flexibility.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
A few days ago, I passed on a GDec for $60 at a local thrift store.

I guess I'll check to see if it is still there...

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I miss Fuse support. I have the software and it connects to my GDEC 30, I downloaded all the GDEC models before they stopped supporting Fuse. I also have a Super Champ X2, which also uses it. I liked your ideas of having a website to continue support in presets. I can put up the Blues, Country , Rock and I think one other version for configuring the GDEC 30 amp.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
This is a great service you're doing!

I have a SCX2 that I love, stock -- never tinkered with the Fuse software, though I was able to download it just in case.

My biggest surprise is that they discontinued the SCX2, which by all measures was a pretty universally beloved amp, without anything to replace it. I thought for sure we'd have seen an SCX3 by now, but I guess it's been abandoned for Tone Master stuff?

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I miss Fuse support. I have the software and it connects to my GDEC 30, I downloaded all the GDEC models before they stopped supporting Fuse. I also have a Super Champ X2, which also uses it. I liked your ideas of having a website to continue support in presets. I can put up the Blues, Country , Rock and I think one other version for configuring the GDEC 30 amp.
if you can put the presets in a folder and zip the folder, let me know, I can give you a place to send them and I'll rebuild the download tables.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
This is a great service you're doing!

I have a SCX2 that I love, stock -- never tinkered with the Fuse software, though I was able to download it just in case.

My biggest surprise is that they discontinued the SCX2, which by all measures was a pretty universally beloved amp, without anything to replace it. I thought for sure we'd have seen an SCX3 by now, but I guess it's been abandoned for Tone Master stuff?

Hard to say. I know that they sold a LOT of those amps and when you can get them cheap and tweak them pretty easily and find cool sounds... might as well use them til they drop.

I got one a few weeks back with cover and pedal and I don't think the guy spent 10 minutes on it...

One thing I think I've decided to do is sort the presets not by amp type (emulation) as it is shrug worthy. Instead, more oriented toward song sounds or period sounds or artist sounds.

I'm going to try to put 2 hours a week into mimicking sounds I hear and making presets...

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
I had a GDEC 3-30 or whatever it was called, for a while.
It was very finicky, and it was quite a trial to get things installed properly, but after much time and effort, I finally got it to load all the software and what I think was called the Blues Pack or something like that.

I bought it used, and it worked ok I guess, but IIRC problems arose when I tried to install the blues pack for the first time.

In the end, though I finally got everything installed correctly and functioning, after many attempts, it didn’t really hold my interest. For me, it just wasn’t worth the time and effort involved in the learning curve and menu scrolling and all that. Plus I had all these tube amps, so . . . .

Ultimately, I gave it away to a neighbor kid who was learning to play. I think I may still have all the software and the theme packs that were available, somewhere on a hard drive.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I had a GDEC 3-30 or whatever it was called, for a while.
It was very finicky, and it was quite a trial to get things installed properly, but after much time and effort, I finally got it to load all the software and what I think was called the Blues Pack or something like that.

I bought it used, and it worked ok I guess, but IIRC problems arose when I tried to install the blues pack for the first time.

In the end, though I finally got everything installed correctly and functioning, after many attempts, it didn’t really hold my interest. For me, it just wasn’t worth the time and effort involved in the learning curve and menu scrolling and all that. Plus I had all these tube amps, so . . . .

Ultimately, I gave it away to a neighbor kid who was learning to play. I think I may still have all the software and the theme packs that were available, somewhere on a hard drive.
never saw the blues packs! sounds interesting.

On mine, I put the presets that I like and will use on the amp, and I have a piece of paper with what number they are. #35 is for the burrito bros version of 'mystery train' (greg harris ftw!) so, I dial to 35 and play!

The only adjustment I make is gain.

Sssssuuuuuper simple. which is cool.

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
I have not tried to download any of these, and you may already be aware of this repository, but there are links to the FUSE software (Apple and Windows) and various archives of presets here:

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
these amps without connecting to a computer are about 15% of what they can be.

The western tolex sounds cool. Whenever we zip down to socal to see family, I try to see if I can pick up a II or III for 100-150.

I got one a couple weeks ago and fired it up, it was okay, then I FINALLY broke out an old laptop and took the time to load up my 'good' presets and... wow. I was pretty happy... incredible how much flexibility.
Actually, the GDEC had a TON of stuff onboard. Yes, there was an online community where people shared the presets they created, but the GDEC require zero computer/app input. Just turn it on and go. Similar to today's Kemper Profiler (in functionality)