The Deep Purple phone.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I have not had time to assess yesterday's Apple releases but smile seeing the "Deep Purple" option. As a boomer I suppose that's what some of us should get LOL. Last night I played Space Truckin at a gathering expecting to annoy and it sparked joy among others.

For more context, I usually get stainless and white, and it might be needed because I've given up on getting an old deep purple fleece jacket among many things my kids or wife have taken from me.

iphone-14-pro-finish-select-202209-6-7inch-deeppurple_AV2

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
There was a Led Zep phone, too, but I don't think they make them anymore:

View attachment 1026121
Black Night is my ringtone 🙂
It was burn in my case for almost a decade 😂
Now its Roy Buchanan's Green onions for a decade 👍
I'm seriously boring with my ring tones, but a few of us got a good laugh with "deep purple" phone news while we were at a biergarten.

Now I plan on some more boredom - another plain stainless steel and white phone. Maybe I'll get a more colorful watch. A new phone is mostly about a kids' hand me down but my 4 year old Apple Watch won't always last a day if it's several hours of endurance sports stuff as it once did.

:)

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I've seen and handled the deep purple phones now. They are very nice but I'm still happy I have plain stainless steel and white plus no regrets getting another plain silver watch. The battery life and cameras are truly impressive. Same for the screen in bright sunlight.

I'm not that boring all over. There's some color in my clothing and favorite actives.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
i saw a guy at the supermarket with a deep purple (the band) tshirt on
A couple of weeks ago I saw an Instagram picture of my pre-teen granddaughters and some of their friends. One of the friends was wearing a Deep Purple t-shirt.

I was amazed. I seriously doubt any of them know who Deep Purple are.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Mine is Edgar Winter white.
See my above post. Since the stainless X/Pro models I get those, the white always looks nice, and the stainless steel ages well. Scratches are just like having a quality stainless wristwatch or tool. That said, I don't pay the stainless premium for the watches. My series 2 and 4 aged well so I got a plain silver AL series 8.

I used them out of case a lot too. I wash the cases and phone when I get home from work sites.
A couple of weeks ago I saw an Instagram picture of my pre-teen granddaughters and some of their friends. One of the friends was wearing a Deep Purple t-shirt.

I was amazed. I seriously doubt any of them know who Deep Purple are.
Mid '60s to mid '70s rock is very popular with younger people.
My wife who loves purple is probably taller than me now without heels. Next, it's just not her style. I did however enjoy the dark purple flowers themed tights she had on before going out on her morning run right now. She got the stainless and white phone too but a purple case.