The Dallas Rangemaster clone...Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Mule42, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Mule42

Mule42 TDPRI Member

I've been doing a lot of researching on the simple rangemaster circuit and I think I will settle on building this particular one. Not quite the original circuit, it does have a switch for a flat frequency style boost. My thing is, I want an Led and a power jack, but where do I cut in to install these? I do understand that you usually get all of your highs when using a cheap non alkaline type battery, but I wanted to see how it sounded with the voodoo labs battery sag power supply from my Mondo. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

image-481993163.jpg

2. steve440

steve440 Tele-Meister

Is it Positive ground? The drawing doesn't make much sense to me.

Steve

3. Mule42

Mule42 TDPRI Member

Does this help at all?

image-3537967252.jpg

4. tjk3052

tjk3052 Tele-Holic

Your circuit is opposite polarity, or positive ground.

[​IMG]

That is how it's typically done, although you're not using a stereo input jack, so just connect the DC jack (+) straight to ground.

Important: Do not share a power supply, daisy chain, with other standard, negative ground pedals.

5. Mule42

Mule42 TDPRI Member

I see what u you r saying. So wiring exactly like the above diagram will work correctly? All of my power supplies are isolated through one of the Voodoo Lab supply's, so I won't be daisy chaining anything together. I will be using one of the dying battery "sag" emulators to see how that sounds. If its crappy, I will stick with a battery.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.