The Cut Off / Scrap Wood Set Neck practice build

Laren

Tele-Holic
That'll do for now, I'm closing down for Christmas. The two pickups aren't exactly centred, I was very careful with centre lines so I'm not sure what happened there. As a set neck, with a break angle, scarf joints etc. practice build I've learnt a lot, which was the whole point. Being able to fart around with it was great fun. I'll sort the nut and wiring out afterwards. Thanks for your help, ideas and feed back.

Have a great Christmas all.

IMG_20211224_131042.jpg
IMG_20211224_131105.jpg

Laren

Tele-Holic
Me too! How did you do the inlays? And what did you fill them with? A really pretty guitar, scraps or not.
Sorry guys, back now.

I used my little CNC3018 to cut out each inlay on the fretboard (one at a time) and my router for the body circles. I then painted them with black enamel and filled with 'nail art' stuff. The black was to get them to look like inlays which went pretty well (apart from the ones I forgot :oops:) I just used CA to fill them.

Screenshot_20211202_221633_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Laren

Tele-Holic
And for todays completely unnecessary build . A thing to put a magnet in so you can get the control cavity cover off 🤣Just need to stick a felt pad on the bottom so it doesn't scratch anything and fill my logo with glitter stuff to match the guitar. Whilst I was 'building' that I wasn't playing Ghost of Tsushima honest:oops:

IMG_20220113_174401.jpg
IMG_20220113_174503.jpg

Last edited:

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
i know, i am a p.i.t.a.
but i can't get used to look at the big white control plate.
wen you would have it round your neck.
imagine that the 2 knobs look like eyes.
the switch as nose.
now a it needs just a red smile.
i will try to picktureshop what i mean ;-)

Laren

Tele-Holic
And now for the wiring :)

IMG_20220128_143029.jpg

Done the wiring. Wiring doesn't work. Checked the wiring. Wiring correct. Um. Have to check the pots next, they are ones I'm reusing so it's possible they're knackered. Next step, unsolder everything :rolleyes:

The joys of electrics :oops:

Laren

Tele-Holic
Well I checked the wiring and it's fine so that's odd. A serious puzzle. But of course if I'd shielded the control cavity I might have had things earthed :lol::lol::lol:

and the Prat of the Day Award goes to ...

IMG_20220128_163235.jpg

Laren

Tele-Holic
Whilst the break angle works with the bridge I think it could be a bit less as the bridge pickup is struggling to rise enough. Hopefully shortening the spring will do it.

IMG_20220129_162957.jpg