The Cubs' collapse--what the heck was THAT?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Sep 25, 2019.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!

2. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Maddon to Philly?

3. Blue333

Blue333 TDPRI Member

Can he take Theo with him?

4. electrichead

electrichead TDPRI Member

Try being a die hard Orioles fan..

nuff said

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

as a kid growing up in baseball, I used to read the box scores every morning and Henry Aaron was my favorite player because he almost always had numbers in the box scores. Runs, hits and RBI's.

The Braves were my favorite team until they moved to Atlanta. Why? I don't have the faintest idea. I guess it's a little like the folks whose favorite team was the Brooklyn Dodgers, although I never lived in Milwaukee, such is the logic of sports fandom.

and I always favored the National League as well, so Cubs, yeah, Cardinals, Pirates, Phillies, Giants, even the Dodgers or the Reds, all good. Somewhere between girls and guitars, I stopped reading the box scores.

Still love the game. Still have serious Cub Shame? Try the Astros! You'll love them! Yes, they shamefully accepted a place in the American League, but nobody's perfect...

1024px-Houston-Astros-Logo.svg.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

Try being a Pirates fan.........no fun..........:(

7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Unknown.jpeg

8. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

To the Orioles fans: At least you have Camden Yards, still one of baseball's gems. Just a notch below Fenway and Wrigley, themselves. And O's fans have come to cheer the pathetic Chris Davis' occasional hits (or non strike-outs, anyway), so that says a lot about their mercifulness.

Here's an interesting take on the Cubbies' collapse:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-end-of-the-chicago-cubs-nonexistent-dynasty-11569506508

As a Fenway and Wrigley fan (since the Tigers abandoned Tiger Stadium), with the Red Sawx and Cubs out of it, at least I can take consolation in Bryce Harper's uselessness to the Phillies. His ex team is in the playoffs without him. The Phils, not so much. Wish I didn't feel so bitterly but--nah, I don't. I enjoy hating on Bryce. America's frat brat. Too bad the Phillies went the over-rated money-glutton route. They're a team I'd like to like.

And teletimetix, you're right about the 'Stros. They are a talented, hustling, fierce team. I love the scrappy little guys, so I love Altuve. When he's healthy, that bat-speed through the zone is incredible. But the 'Stros come at you in every way.

Eager to see the MLB post-season predictions threads getting cranked up soon. I'm picking the Astros vs. the Dodgers, with the Astros taking it all. Pitching pitching pitching.

f69tele and teletimetx like this.
  9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

anyone who picks the dodgers to lose is a friend of mine. I was TOTALLY rooting for the Indians until they got Puig... the teams that remain, I am rooting for any of them over the Dodgers....

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  10. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

No thanks!

11. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

The Mets were eliminated Wed. night but DeGrom may have cemented his claim on a second Cy Young Award. Now we're just waiting to see if Alonzo ends up as the home run champ etc.
    Tonight Dias gave up yet another home run when he came in. Some closer...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.