The crows are gone.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
.... they only flew away to come another day.

images

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The thing I'm most amazed at in your story, is that your town still has street sweepers on a residential street. Since everything Ft Worth now does re: municipal maintenance is concerned ONLY with attracting tourists and "newcomers", we only provide street sweepers to the most visible, commercial thoroughfares. We have some of the dirtiest and most littered streets imaginable. We homeowners have to pick up trash on almost a daily basis, and sweep up anything in the gutters. Now.....I accept some responsibility in keeping my own property clean and neat, but I should then have the right to "punish" the jerks that feel they have a "right" to throw their trash on MY street.
BTW.....if I have any wild animal die on my property, the city will not come pick it up. However, if I drag it out to the street and then report it, they'll come out. (personal experience)

I know we're lucky to have street sweeper service. When we lived in the county they cancelled it out, and the streets were filthy in no time. We live in what was nearly a new development when we moved out here, they are still sweeping, and taking care of the city landscaping. I cross my fingers and hope both services will continue.

We have a process to go through with reporting dead animals, I have done that. I think when they have a report of a dead animal come in, they all eat a donut and laugh down at the city yard. I usually end up burying them.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

Crows are indeed very impressive and interesting. Unfortunately, they are a real nuisance here.

Their numbers long ago reached pest level here, and there are about a zillion of them in every city and they can make a real mess on garbage days. Basically, every block, neighbourhood, apartment complex, etc. has a garbage pickup spot that has to be crow-proofed. And, crow-proofed very well, cos they are such clever problem solvers.

I’m having a running battle with the dozen or so that live in the golf course trees immediately next door. It’s that time of year where they want my mandarins / mikans. They have also been having running battles with intruding crows who also have their eyes on my trees.

The neighbour used to have a half dozen or more cats that treated my section (yard) as their bedroom. I didn’t mind, as they kept the crows away. There would be the occasional day long series of running skirmishes over the disputed territory. The cats always won. She’s down to about four now, so they don’t quite have the numbers anymore.

Pity, cos I’m very fond of my mikans. They are delicious and you can do wondrous things with them and some chocolate :)

9B070AEB-825C-4AC0-8907-22FAB8C1AF95.jpeg

60CF4D5D-D667-4D3F-92AD-E14911D70D4D.jpeg

Pax/
Dean

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter

This dude definitely ain't no farm boy. He has a bag full of weapons and scurries off like a school girl. If he stood his ground he likely wouldn't have to strike the bird but as soon as you turn away, you are the prey.. in their eyes. Speaking as a former farmer, we had a bunch of Geese hanging around and they occasionally will challenge authority but if you face them head on they will scoot.