'The Complete StringBender Book'

ChrisLarcombe

Tele-Meister
Hello everybody.

I'm looking to acquire a booklet made by Gene Parsons called 'The Complete Stringbender Book'. I saw screenshots of it on here but the guy who posted them assumed I was out to steal Gene's work (quite the assumption given the fact I am a B-bender player of 3 years already aged 22, already own a P/W StringBender for myself, and wrote my entire university dissertation on the inception and early history of the B-bender), and so refused to send me a scanned copy/pictures of the pages (I would suggest that if people are not willing to share supposedly private work that could be stolen, they don't post excerpts all over public forums...!). Instead, he insisted I contacted Gene Parsons which I did and he, as expected, is a very busy man and only had one single copy of the booklet left.

He however was more than happy to share!

He just said he could only get to it later this year, as he was backed up with bender commissions. Not wanting to bother a hard-working old man in his brilliant endeavours, I arrive here, asking if someone on these forums has a copy that they wouldn't mind scanning and sending to me?

Thank you in advance.

Attached is a picture of me with my bender for authenticity.

Attachments

• 00000379-000003790032.JPG
    00000379-000003790032.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 25

Keenan Schuck

TDPRI Member
Hi Chris,

I can't help you sadly, but am very interested in seeing that book as well! Knew about the instructional vinyl Gene did with Bob Warford, but didn't know there's a book as well. I have a Dave Evans Pullstring in the making, so it could be very useful in getting started on it when that guitar is finished.

Keenan Schuck

(By the way, have been checking out your videos for quite some time. You're quite the b-bender guitarist!)

string pull

Tele-Meister
Attached is a picture of me with my bender for authenticity.
This photo was taken in 1983...... before you were born.

Attachments

• 78103690_3117475061613619_629703331568156672_n.jpeg
    78103690_3117475061613619_629703331568156672_n.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 26

ChrisLarcombe

Tele-Meister
As the oldest and most experienced lefty bender player here, and as a member of the State Bar of California, along with Bob Warford, Chris has my legal declaration of authenticity.
I remember you reaching out to me and trying to help me when I was searching for my first bender in 2019. It was a very kind thing to do, and your replies are always so helpful. Thank you Rick.

ChrisLarcombe

Tele-Meister
Care to share that? Sounds like an interesting read.
I have it all ready to go, but I want to get it properly published or brushed up for a magazine article instead of just dropping it. But it will be out there someday soon!

In the paper I interview Sherwin Linton and delve into details I don't think anyone else knows about nor has bothered to search for. Sherwin is a fantastic person, and was so happy to help me on my mission to tell his story and what it means for the bender canon.

ChrisLarcombe

Tele-Meister
Hi Chris,

I can't help you sadly, but am very interested in seeing that book as well! Knew about the instructional vinyl Gene did with Bob Warford, but didn't know there's a book as well. I have a Dave Evans Pullstring in the making, so it could be very useful in getting started on it when that guitar is finished.

Keenan Schuck

(By the way, have been checking out your videos for quite some time. You're quite the b-bender guitarist!)
Thank you Keenan!