1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Cloverfield series, the story not in the movie

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, Apr 18, 2021.

1. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

First off I haven't seen the third movie in this series, but it's 10 Cloverfield Lane and how the movie makers unfolded the story using only hints of the explanations behind Howard, Howard's story, the way Howard's story was revealed, using the internet and doing the research was brilliant I thought. I've not seen any other movie that leaves you questioning "what happened?" and reveals what happened using online communities and media.

The first Cloverfield is just a great huge monster that was much in the style of classic movies like Gorgo, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, 40 Million Miles To Earth, and of course King Kong,, basically the old story of the dumb killer animal somehow finds himself in a city. But of course lol, it's always a great story. To me that's how I see the first Cloverfield.

It's like the series that keeps giving, even years later.
    Now I need to see the last movie.

I think the whole 10 Cloverfield story is about Howard's not told story, which explains how he found out about the attack on the Earth and why he built the shelter, the true story behind his family.
    Please share what you think, the movie, and this new way of getting the hidden full story?

Also, John Goodman gave a brilliant performance, one of his very best. I mean on the level of any great actor. He would have scared the socks off of Jack Nicholson.
    Way to go John, I will never invite you over for dinner.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    wacolo and Texicaster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.