The "C note " guitar appreciation society

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Warm Gums, Aug 18, 2009.

1. adeiderich

adeiderich Tele-Afflicted

GC Tele

Squier Affinity Tele at my local GC. $99

Attached Files:

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I've owned only a couple in that price range. Both are long gone. One was a MiM 12-string of unknown name that I picked up on my honeymoon 38+ years ago. Sold it not long after. I can't remember for sure, but I think it may be the only guitar I have ever sold.

The other I would still have if it hadn't been damaged beyond repair. It was an Alvarez classical that my wife bought for my birthday in 1973. I think it was in the C note range, of course that was in 1973 dollars, so I don't know what a comparable Alvarez model would go for today.

I've had better luck with keepers in the $300 range.

3. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Tele-Meister

[​IMG]
    My pair of Paul Westerberg First Acts - have $63 in the red one and $85 in the black one.

Both taken apart, frets leveled and crowned and neck pocket and mounting holes massaged. Play like a dream now, and the black single-coil sounds especially good.
    Otherwise stock apart from the bridge-mounting screws and stainless saddles.

My best $100 guitars are my all-solid-wood Silver Creek acoustics, though... bought one of each (000 and dread, mahog and rosewood) a couple years ago when MF had a $100 rebate... making them $80 for hog and $100 for rosewood!

4. Fridge101

Fridge101 TDPRI Member

I got this guitar for 89$ and the 60's tiesco behind it for 10$
    [​IMG]

5. alscort93

alscort93 Tele-Meister

I've got a Rogue, Rocketeer or something like that, $99 guitar, "gig bag", "amp", notice the "" lol, and some other junk with it. It's the guitar that everyone loves to play. The jaws drop when I tell them it is absolutely the cheapest guitar I own. Plays great, I love it, everyone else that comes over to mess around on guitars does too.

6. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

In the early days of Craigslist, I was cruising the ads one morning and saw one that said "Free Guitar". I called the number immediately. Turned out to be a Steinberger Spirit with a surface scratch on the paint. Came with 4 new sets of strings, and both hard and soft cases. Otherwise it was in perfect shape. He said he'd hold it for me and I raced up there on my lunch hour.

I got there and the guy had it all ready to go. Turned out he had OCD, and couldn't stand to have a guitar with a scratch. He'd ordered another axe and basically said he needed me to get the scratched one "out of his sight". It was bizarre but good for me.

I loved that guitar, but had to sell it a couple of years ago because I needed money. I want another one, and I'll get one someday.

7. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

Got this Rogue(on right) used for $75 back around 1998.
    [​IMG]
    My MF Artisan lap, about the same price
    [​IMG]
    My SX bass almost qualifies at around $120
    [​IMG]

8. tonydj

tonydj Tele-Meister

$100 with case from Craigslist. Hamer SATF

Attached Files:

9. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Nice score on the hamer.

The one on the right is an SX Furrian I picked up used for $75. The one on the left is a Stadium I picked up new for 100. It was dinged a couple of times in shipping. It's a great guitar. The neck is thicker than my affinity Tele without the jumbo frets of the SX.

P Thought, my local shop has a used black ovation viper. It looks pretty good. I believe he wants under 400 for it.

Sorry for the awful pic.

Edit: I went by the store today, it's actually and Ovation UK II. And he's asking about $330. I took some poor pics if anyone's interested. It doesn't have a Pickguard.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  10. twintwelve

twintwelve Tele-Afflicted

$65 at Atomic Music.......
    [​IMG]

11. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

Nice scores everybody. I did a few mods to my old Rogue.
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.