The Breakfast Taco Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Markdett

Markdett Tele-Meister

Breakfast tacos oh YEAH! Some left over brisket, cheese, some tater, jalaps, eggs, and salsa verde for me, please. Make it a 6-pack to go.

2. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

I used to go down there in the late '70s early '80s. My friends would all go down to Ensenada to surf and they would take me along as a designated driver and decoy. I didn't drink or do drugs or any of that stuff, but I apparently had the look, because if I was in a car, or van, full of people the authorities will pull me out question and search me every time.

Anyway my friends would take me down there and all I would do is sit on the beach eating fish tacos. They would pay for everything, even if it wasn't much, I think those fish tacos were less than 25 cents each back then.

Fish tacos are one of the oldest forms of a taco in Mexico. May have something to do with almost 90% of Mexico's population living within 4 hours of the ocean. Since I grew up in a migrant farm worker community, on the Pacific ocean, I remember first having them in the late '60s when I was about 8 years old.

3. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Rudy's is popular. Kiefer's Deli is numero uno!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.