The Boss Pedal Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by RockerDuck, Apr 4, 2013.

1. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

I've had the Keeley and Monte modded BD-2's. The Keeley is more noticeable and it sounds like an OCD. I like the Stock BD-2 with the fat switch mod the best. So I just had the fat switch mod.

2. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

DD-20
    OC-3
    DS-1

3. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

I find some of the mods to have more of a dramatic effect than others. With the BD2, mainly just a smoother tone and, as Monte says in the description, "less fizziness" at higher gain settings. The same with the DS1, plus the tri-gain switch really does give you a variety of tonal options. The switch on the SD1 GT mod that allows the choice between symetrical/asymetrical clipping is neat, and the TR-2 the mod seemed to brighten the tone and add an "airiness" to it.

4. Torb

Torb TDPRI Member

[​IMG]
    This might be called my small board. Sounds great!

5. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Got an LM-2

[​IMG]

This pedal is pretty cool! Still trying to figure out how to make it sound best. It's ACA so I run it on batteries until I think I'll definitely keep it for good and mod to run on 9v dc

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I just bought a used DS-1 and did a MHP mod to it. Check out http://www.machineheadpedals.com/ for three different mods and nice sound clips of each.

That said, your MIJ is worth some bucks (crazy IMO, but as good of investment as you could make), so I'd buy another to mod. Got mine a month ago for $22 including shipping on eBay.

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow, 21 Boss pedals, I have only 5, but none of them are what you have. What are the odds? You must have a few different gigging boards.

8. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Actually 3, some pedals never change on a board. The DD-7, BD-2, SD-1, Ch-1, RV-5 and TU-3 are mainstays. Most of the rest are on studio boards. The ME-70 goes to low volume and no amp stages. Sometimes the RC-3 and FS-6 get used on a gig too.

9. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

hf2_sm2.jpg

Finally got my hands on one of these. I've been looking for a while and had a couple of near misses but it was worth the wait. This one's in great condition and the sound it delivers does not disappoint. I've really been liking flange recently, using a BF-2 dialed back. To my ears flange delivers a kind of cutting tone that I associate with drive pedals. The HF-2 is not dissimilar to the BF-2 but sweeter and more musical. Cut my pedals down to this one plus the PS-3 for detuned effect and a DSD-3 for delay. With these 3 running in the effects loop and either the vox V830 or SD-2 in front i can really get the sound that i've always wanted.

10. shourah

shourah TDPRI Member

11. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Npd: bd-2. Wanted one of these since I saw most of the major players use it. Any tips?

12. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Holic

Good choice, and not ott for a drive pedal!
    I use mine with the dials at the 10 to 2 position and the bridge PU selected with tone rolled right back, with my Tremolux it give a great cocked wah type sound.
    Even makes my LP sound good..
    But each to their own, you just need to experiment.

13. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

It goes into the chain with the dd7, ds1, aw3 and cs3. I seems that it's a bit more versatile than the ds1. But the ds1 has it's uses.

14. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Tele-Meister

NPD!!!!

I finally got my Valentine's Day present.
    I've been looking for a chorus pedal, namely a CE2. I haven't been able to find a mint vintage one that didn't dictate selling my vehicle for the $$$!! :lol: Tall order considering I was looking for a MIJ that's Mint. Mint being more important than total vintage vibe.

Wouldn't you know it I found one about a month ago on local CL!!!!!
    It took that long to finally hook up with this kid which actually made me a bit concerned. Anyway add said 20+ yr old pedal been out of the box once to verify it worked. I was Jacked!!!!! The pics looked dynamite. It had a Taiwan green label on back. I figured what the heck if it's mint, I'm on it!

IT' MINT!!!!! Even the rubber front and back is squishy!!!
    Carbon Dating puts it manufactured July of '89. It turns 25 this year, in the same month as my BDAY!!! LOLLOL too funny!!!
    Only bad thing about it was it had the original 9V in it and was corroded:(
    Only visible sign of a problem from that was the little foam piece, which I immediately removed. Can't wait to give it a run tonight and at rehearsal tomorrow night.

Thanks for lettin' me ramble with JOY!!!

M$

ps-sorry for the flood of pics!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Tele-Meister

@Obsessed-Sorry bro didn't catch your reply to my post earlier. I'll definitely check out that site/mods.
    AND you are right after thinking about it,,,,,i'm not gonna touch the MIJ DS1!

tx again for the reply!!!

G

16. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Tele-Meister

NOW my question is what do I have to do to the CE2 to make it work nicely with the daisy chain power thing I got goin' on with the board!??! besides using a 9V forever which ain't gonna happen.
    Here's where it's gotta spend it's time frolicking!>>>>>>>

[​IMG]

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Tele-Meister

18. Canuckcaster

Canuckcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I have a TU-2 and used to own a DS-1. I'd actually like to get another DS-1 because they're so cheap and it might get along better with my Marshall than it did with my Peavey C30.

CC

19. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Tele-Meister

So, given my pedal board layout, what do you guys think about the placement of the CE2? :)

20. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

That's a beauty! Congrats on finding such a clean example of one of the best sounding Chorus pedals. Your board is a bit bewildering at first glance, you have a lot going on there. My preference would be to place it after the flanger - following the accepted path of OD - Mod - Delay. It will sound great wherever you put it. :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.