1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Bird

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by zeke54, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

I just arrived in Nevada for the family feast.Seems thing got canceled while in transit. I brought a 14# prime rib-eye. A sharp knife is what I prefer for carving. I also separate the breast from the carcass to carve. Kudos to those that brine! I recently started to dry brine instead of wet. Btw, the best turkey I cooked was a 14 pounder. Nuked to raw, 132* as I recall, then finished off on the bbq.

edit: Hmmm, I wonder about spatchcocking a turkey?! I don't care for stuffing.

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  2. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

I’ll be coming off call at 8 am Thursday. With Mom now in a nursing home with dementia, and the unmentionable keeping us from visiting, there will be no family Thanksgiving this year. I’ll be headed to a friend’s house to eat and hang out. They have what his wife calls “Outlaw Thanksgiving.” A collection of friends and family who don’t really have close family who do a big Thanksgiving go there and do a big Thanksgiving.

And I think she uses a regular carving knife. I’ve never seen her use an electric.

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Decidedly Acoustic Knife Set.

4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I don't do thanksgiving. I think most of the Ohlone people indigenous to the east bay, that I have ever met discouraged thanksgiving
    So I skip to show respect. I can only say that there is a historical record of abuse, particularly from the Conquistadors and the missions in Nor-Cal.
    CHARLIE-BROWN-FREE MY MIND.jpg

radiocaster likes this.
  5. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

We don’t do Thanksgiving. But at some point in the near future, we’ll be having a big baked ham with potato salad, baked beans, etcetera.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.