The Best Guitar You Never Play

DekeDog

Tele-Afflicted
American special strat, lovely guitar but I cannot get in with the Texas special pickups nor the middle pick up position. My good lady bought it for me and I am loathe to part with it for that reason
If it was me, and I liked everything about it but the pickups, then I mod that sucker with some nice aftermarket/boutique pickups... unless I had other Strats I was playing instead.

Jimclarke100

Friend of Leo's
Now it’d be my American Standard Telecaster 😲

Its on the stand between my GS1 and my Jazzmaster, both of which get regular airtime. Don’t know why but hand just doesn’t go there.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
If it was me, and I liked everything about it but the pickups, then I mod that sucker with some nice aftermarket/boutique pickups... unless I had other Strats I was playing instead.
This has been on my mind for a while, it came to us second hand and so was not full price so I would be open to some new pickups

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
This has been on my mind for a while, it came to us second hand and so was not full price so I would be open to some new pickups
My wife gave me a telecaster but I didn’t like the pickups. I changed them right out. It still looks like same and she is thrilled to see me play it so much . Win ,win . The only downside is that because it was a gift from her I dare not sell it.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
When a great guitar doesn't get played for long enough, I sell it. Doesn't matter how good it is. I'm no collector; instruments are tools. It bothers me when I don't play them.

red57strat

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
1959 Gibson ES-225TD. It's an awesome guitar that doesn't often suit what I'm doing, but when I play it, I enjoy it a lot. Also, I'm afraid to be the guy who says "I used to own a great '59 Gibson ES-225TD and can't remember why I sold it".

It's the only guitar that I feel this way about. Anything else that doesn't get played regularly gets sold.

51245399341_95a1123056_b.jpg

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
1959 Gibson ES-225TD. It's an awesome guitar that doesn't often suit what I'm doing, but when I play it, I enjoy it a lot. Also, I'm afraid to be the guy who says "I used to own a great '59 Gibson ES-225TD and can't remember why I sold it".

It's the only guitar that I feel this way about. Anything else that doesn't get played regularly gets sold.

51245399341_95a1123056_b.jpg
What a thing of beauty that is .

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
M’y Les Paul. I usually play sitting down and I find it not really ergonomic.

Cheers,
Geoff

beep.click

Poster Extraordinaire
I think it is a case of my brain being messed up. In many cases, the 381 and Liverpool sound way better than the 330 or 360. But my brain will nudge me -- "Try the solid body again! Try the red 360 tonight!"

The only semi-logical thing I can point to is a deep drive to experiment. "What if you combine A and B and C...?"