The Best Guitar You Never Play

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
My red Washburn X Series electric rarely gets played these days.

1654694870548.jpeg

andy__d

Tele-Meister
image.jpg

Shameful to say on TDPRI, but my American Standard 2013 is a beautiful guitar, but, I barely ever play it - don’t really know why: but when I want a tele sound, I almost always pick up my home built (cheap kit) POS - which is obviously inferior in every way:
image.jpg

…but feels bad in a good way (whereas the standard feels good in a bad way - like it’s too nice to play nasty)

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
View attachment 991886

Shameful to say on TDPRI, but my American Standard 2013 is a beautiful guitar, but, I barely ever play it - don’t really know why: but when I want a tele sound, I almost always pick up my home built (cheap kit) POS - which is obviously inferior in every way: View attachment 991889
…but feels bad in a good way (whereas the standard feels good in a bad way - like it’s too nice to play nasty)
I wonder if that’s why people like road worn or even relics

Gaz_

Tele-Holic
View attachment 991886

Shameful to say on TDPRI, but my American Standard 2013 is a beautiful guitar, but, I barely ever play it - don’t really know why: but when I want a tele sound, I almost always pick up my home built (cheap kit) POS - which is obviously inferior in every way: View attachment 991889
I have that exact guitar. American Standard, 2013, sunburst... you somehow put it into words. I just don't play it as often as I should. And I play much worse things instead.

I always blame the sunburst. My old man got it for me as a prize for getting the grade I wanted. (I'm not spoilt, he bet me I wouldn't get the grade, then spent the next two years refering to it as "the safest bet I ever made" so I worked my butt off to spite him, possible the best parenting I ever heard of, but I digress) but because it would be the only guitar of this calibre I'd ever have, I went for something classic, so sunburst. Should have gone for seafoam etc, I'd love it much more. But it does always feel almost too good for me.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have that exact guitar. American Standard, 2013, sunburst... you somehow put it into words. I just don't play it as often as I should. And I play much worse things instead.

I always blame the sunburst. My old man got it for me as a prize for getting the grade I wanted. (I'm not spoilt, he bet me I wouldn't get the grade, then spent the next two years refering to it as "the safest bet I ever made" so I worked my butt off to spite him, possible the best parenting I ever heard of, but I digress) but because it would be the only guitar of this calibre I'd ever have, I went for something classic, so sunburst. Should have gone for seafoam etc, I'd love it much more. But it does always feel almost too good for me.
Sounds like you have another challenge you need to take on. Almost like he’s now betting you won’t be good enough to use it.
Take on the bet show everyone how good you really can be.

RocknRollShakeUp

Tele-Meister
I would have a hard time resisting that one . Looks like it wants to be played !
I know what you mean...but I’m always reaching for my No 1 CS JM, my Tele, my R7 and R4, and my Player’s Edition Black Falcon, before a Strat, these days. I’m probably going to consign it as it’s too nice to just keep in the case.

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
I have an Epiphone Sheraton ll that I'm actually thinking of letting go. It's a beautiful guitar, but I've just gotten away from humbuckers. Also, I'm more of a solid body player, and that thing is huge.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have an Epiphone Sheraton ll that I'm actually thinking of letting go. It's a beautiful guitar, but I've just gotten away from humbuckers. Also, I'm more of a solid body player, and that thing is huge.
Pics?
I love those things. My current number 1 is a Riviera with the mini buckers .

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
I know what you mean...but I’m always reaching for my No 1 CS JM, my Tele, my R7 and R4, and my Player’s Edition Black Falcon, before a Strat, these days. I’m probably going to consign it as it’s too nice to just keep in the case.
Custom shop jazz master? Man that’s a dream guitar. I love gibsons too. I have a custom shop 57 jr . It’s really hard to put that one down. So I hear ya. Sounds like u have a dream selection of guitars . But yeah if I do t need something , I move it on - so I get it

RocknRollShakeUp

Tele-Meister
Custom shop jazz master? Man that’s a dream guitar. I love gibsons too. I have a custom shop 57 jr . It’s really hard to put that one down. So I hear ya. Sounds like u have a dream selection of guitars . But yeah if I do t need something , I move it on - so I get it
Yes I am blessed to have some very nice dream guitars.
I would love to have a CS 57 junior! I’ve had a Gibson USA ‘95 and a ‘96 LP special that I sold long ago but a CS Junior or even Special is another one of them dream guitars for me :)
Since I have an R4, I’d most like to have the Junior!
Well, keep on rockin brother!