The Best Guitar You Never Play

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Here’s mine . 2013 Fender Mexican FSR Strat. I took my amp into GC to audition an Ibanez hollow body. My buddy happened to be there and handed me this one. When I heard it through my Ampeg Gemini I it was all over I had to have it. I brought it home and played it some but always picked up a Tele instead. I went to a master tone and use the third knob as a variable coil tap for the bridge, which I really like. It also came with a black pickgaurd which was just too plain. So I went with tort thinking maybe it would inspire me to play more . I love the way it looks and will never sell it but just don’t play it much Someday I will but who knows when?
3467FB88-2041-4C8C-A416-98040B1F4312.jpeg

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
4052E475-5BE8-4216-B00F-261F16F94C55.jpeg

PRS USA Custom24. Circa 2007 vintage. Bought it in 2014, after having chased one down for YEARS. It’s beautiful, sounds great, feels good in the hand, has a perfect neck profile, great frets, and has been a wall hanger for four years. Before that it was my #1.

Go figure

Last edited:

runstendt

Tele-Meister
As much as it pains me to admit this, I really do not play my 360/12 much anymore at all. However, it's more due to not having the time. Asides from gigging I do not really get much of a chance to play guitar (fortunately we play out quite a bit) and my Ric just does not fit into what my current band is doing. However, I used to have quite a few guitars that I never seemed to play due to lack of interest, and those have all been sold.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm always reaching for one of my 50s Bajas (or something I assembled with Tommy Rosamond parts).

What I don't use much anymore, are these USA G + Ls. Any of the five, really. The fretwire is just too large for my tastes.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
My 99 Clapton Strat is killer. But my 98 MIM setup as the Clapton is just as good, so I play it all the time. I'm on neck 3 on the MIM because it's my #1. Wore out the MIM neck. Had a conversion neck for a while, but like the sound of the 25.5 scale. Bought a Warmoth "59" shape and never looked back. Love that Warmoth 59 feel and med jumbo frets. Chunky but not overly so.
I used to have this habit of getting different guitars and then setting them up like others I have. What's the point? hahao_O:lol:

KC

Friend of Leo's
I've had 3 335s, well one of them was a '66 Epiphone Riviera but it came out of the Gibson plant. I really covet these guitars when I don't have one and then I get one and never play it. Currently replaced with a Les Paul, which I like less and have never really coveted but lately I've been playing it all the time. Go figure.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
As much as it pains me to admit this, I really do not play my 360/12 much anymore at all. However, it's more due to not having the time. Asides from gigging I do not really get much of a chance to play guitar (fortunately we play out quite a bit) and my Ric just does not fit into what my current band is doing. However, I used to have quite a few guitars that I never seemed to play due to lack of interest, and those have all been sold.

The nicest guitar I don't play is without a doubt my Fireglo 360/6. For the past year I've been unable to play anything without a forearm contour, due to nerve damage in my right arm.

The 360 will never go though, because not only do I remain hopeful my arm can heal up enough to let me play it again someday, but it was a wedding present from my wonderful wife!

1653763709200.png

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
I wanted a Gibson Les Paul my entire life. I HATE the way my Silverburst Les Paul sounds. It has the noisiest humbuckers I ever heard.
I remember trying a Les Paul way back in the early 70s, at the beginning of my playing career when my own guitar was just a cheap acoustic. The Gibson was fabulous, the finish, the ease of playing, everything. Then I got seduced by Teles and didn't get a Les Paul until about three years ago. 20210318_101739.jpg

It's a Traditional in honeyburst and looks fantastic right? Feels beautiful, plays easier and smoother than anything I've ever played since that first encounter back in the 70s. Perhaps I've been playing Fenders too long, but I can't get a sound out of the LP that I like to hear and it stays in its very nice case. I try it again every few months, but quickly lose interest. I think it'll have to go to help fund something I really want to play.