1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The best episode of a TV series ever.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

Yeah...the Pine Barrens episode of the Sopranos was fantastic.

The first episode of Breaking Bad. You just have to see it if you haven't. Perhaps the strongest episode of any show I've ever watched.

The Handsome Boy Modeling School episode of Get a Life.

There is an episode of Supernatural where the characters go into a different dimension and become the real life actors that play their parts. It is really great.

Any double naught episode of the Beverley Hillbillies, the best written and cast sit-com in the history of television.

2. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Any Firefly episode.

:D

3. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

I speek english very well, I learned it from a boook.

4. losergeek

losergeek Tele-Afflicted

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Nightman Cometh

5. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Special Section.

(The one where Larry's mother dies.... F%#$%&g hilarious. Yeah, that's right, Hilarious!)

6. adeiderich

adeiderich Tele-Afflicted

Marcia ! Marcia ! Marcia ! and Davey Jones. How could it not be the best episode of any TV show:lol:

Attached Files:

7. rcole_sooner

I'm way too easy, just too many best evers.

Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs...

I like so many...and there are so many good episodes.

8. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Friends

"My sister's gonna have my baby!"

[​IMG]

9. rcole_sooner

I will nominate the Barney Miller episode with the brownies.

However, the video misses the best part when Fish gets back and had chased the bad guy down an alley and over a wall to catch him.

:lol:

10. fretbuzzard

fretbuzzard Former Member

Love both of those episodes (I've got the cast recording too)! The last couple of seasons of Buffy are not my favorite seasons, but they have a few of my favorite episodes.

On "Hush," Buffy making a frantic "staking" motion with her hand, followed by the uncomfortable reactions of the rest of the cast: fantastic acting without a word spoken, and a hilarious moment in an otherwise creepy episode.

11. Collirem

Collirem Tele-Meister

The Andy Griffith Show -The Pickle Story. "I'm not going to eat those kerosene cucumbers" .....

12. skillet

skillet Tele-Meister

That whole series was so amazing. My personal favorite line (not necessarily episode) was in the epidoe "Points" (the finale) -- Capt. Sobel pretends he doesn't see Maj. Winters and Capt. Nixon sitting in a jeep having a conversation as he's walking past them when Winters stops mid-sentence and makes Sobel salute him, saying to no one in particular -- as Sobel bitterly walks away -- "You salute the rank, not the man." He then non-chalantly continues the conversation he was having with Nixon, who sits there grinning as Sobel storms off. You'd have to have watched the series to fully get the gravity of the scene, but it was great and a helluva capstone to that relationship.

Back on topic,

"The Time is Now", the Season 2 finale for the show 'Millennium'. The creators/writers of the show had been canned by FOX (go figure) and told that the finale for Season 2 was it, they network would be continuing their show without them, so as a "FU. See if you can write your way out of this one", they came up with this incredibly intense and amazing episode that to them was the 'finale' of the series, not just the season. I don't know if it holds up now, but I watched this episode with my roommate at the time, both of us real fans of the show, and it left us speechless and dumbstruck; there's basically an apocalyptic scene at the end using Patti Smith's "Horses" as the soundtrack and it was truly mindblowing at the time.

13. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

There was an excellent TV series on a few seasons ago...it lasted only 2 years...called "Life"...it starred Damian Lewis...the main dude from "Band of Brothers" and the tv series now that has everyone abuzz...."Homeland"....

They were allowed to make a final episode to wrap up the series (after it was announced it was cancelled)...it was kinda rushed...in a way, but they wrapped up the series so brilliantly and the episode was a monster...it was a terrific last episode to a great show...that no-one watched.

14. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

I watched every episode of that show on Netflix. You are right, it was a great show.

15. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Agree. I didn't even hear of it or see it until after it had finished, then somebody gave it to me. I'd like a movie continuation.

16. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Now I'm really going to date myself, but..."The Untouchables," (with Robert Stack), "Globe of Death" and "The Purple Gang." Almost every camera shot, every line, every bit of acting in those two episodes was incredible. And, was there ever a better villain than Bruce Gordon as Frank Nitti?

17. tekbow

tekbow Tele-Afflicted

there was this awesome episode of Buffy, for me really showed how awesome Joss Whedons writing is

Basically, there was 2 buffys, one who was catatonic in a mental ward living in her own head in the world the tv series follows which she has created. basically very disturbed. Then there's the regular Buffy who's enemy for the episode is causing her to believe that she is the girl in the mental ward, who is now waking up from the dream on a regular basis. goes back and forth, but the thing is, Joss leaves it very open as to what is the "Reality" of it. It strongly implies Buffy actually is the girl in mental ward and everything in the series is a delusion

"Normal Again"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Again

18. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

the most interesting episode of a TV show i ever saw was an episode of the Japanese anime show "Cowboy Bebop". i used to work midnight shift and could watch tv. one night i happened to turn on the cartoon network and watched the episode "pierre la fou". it absolutely blew me away in every possible way. i thought i had discovered the most revolutionary tv show of all time - and if every episode of CB was up to the standards of that one, it truly would be. but they weren't i watched a few more times and none of the episodes were anywhere near that great.

but that "pierre la fou" episode was incredible.

19. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Seinfeld Reunion

Jason Alexander, playing himself acting as George on the reunion show, quits during filming due to an argument with Larry, prompting Larry to step in to fill the role of George - which is based on himself.

Which should be a disaster.

Which it is.

Yet somehow, isn't. :lol:

The whole episode is an onion of Larry Davidness.

20. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

wow, thank you for that info on "millenium"! if you are talking about the episode which ends with him holding his daughter at the cabin, i always had thought this was the final episode. then i discovered there was another season. but it had seemed to me that the series ended at the cabin. now i get it, i guess. and any show that puts patti smith on prime time tv deserve respect for that alone, IMHO.

as for BOB, i recently read the book. Sobel did not have a very happy life and met a sad end.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.