The Best Bond...James Bond.

Who 's been the best James Bond to date?

• Barry Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Nevin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 34 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
Maybe they should have had Jason Statham do a Bond, he could have sported his stylish pate quite nicely in the part.

Ha! Well, he has kind of done his working class British take on Bond. All these people what to do totally outside-the-box casting for Bond. Don't. Just create new characters for them.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Great opening. Great villain and henchmen. Great gadgets. Great Bond girls. Like the tone. But it plods a bit for me in places, particularly in Miami. And The Beatles joke -- that did not age well.

Goldfinger was the first Bond movie I saw. I watched it in a theater down in Glitter Gulch in Vegas when I landed there to get a divorce. I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. I watched it the other night on TV, and man, what a dragging dog it was. I guess we change over the years. A lot of old movies don't age well. I still enjoyed it, but it really did drag, and had holes in the plot you could throw a bag of cats through.

Jerry J

Friend of Leo's
"Live and Let Die" is my favorite, too. And, honestly, Moore is my favorite Bond. I love Connery, too, but a lot of his Bonds plays as quite boring today. But I love Connery's Bonds, too, and most of the others.

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the Craig era. They've stripped away most of the wit, the fun -- the joy of the the man with a license to kill! -- and now the films and 007, the character, are just impossibly dour and self-serious. But I'll go see "No Time to Die" and I'll end up buying the movie on physical media, which I rarely do anymore.

My first job was as a movie usher in a chain of DC theaters - Roths - long gone. Anyway, that was in the summer that Live and Let Die came out. I saw that movie so many times I could recite EVERY line from it, including my favorite thudpucker - Sheriff JW Pepper.

What a great movie, plot, villian, and love interest - a young Jane Seymour! Then you had the greatest theme song and one of Paul's best. That movie captured the early 70s perfectly!

Back to Roth's theater chain. Did you know it was a multiplex? Yep, it had 2 theaters... And I learned NEVER to eat movie popcorn after that.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
My first job was as a movie usher in a chain of DC theaters - Roths - long gone. Anyway, that was in the summer that Live and Let Die came out. I saw that movie so many times I could recite EVERY line from it, including my favorite thudpucker - Sheriff JW Pepper.

What a great movie, plot, villian, and love interest - a young Jane Seymour! Then you had the greatest theme song and one of Paul's best. That movie captured the early 70s perfectly!

Back to Roth's theater chain. Did you know it was a multiplex? Yep, it had 2 theaters... And I learned NEVER to eat movie popcorn after that.

I worked at movie theaters, later, as a teen -- including the domed Century Theater in my hometown of Pleasant Hill, Ca. -- and I still eat the popcorn, in spite of the fact that I remember us cleaning out the popcorn makers with chemical sprays.

The first time I saw "Live and Let Die" was at a Jerry Lewis Theater in Sacramento near my grandparents' house. It had two or three theaters. Anyone remember those?

Last edited: