The Best Bond...James Bond.

Who 's been the best James Bond to date?

• Barry Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Nevin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 34 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
Great Bond and not that it really matters but Timothy Dalton is most certainly not 6ft2! I’ve been in his company and I’d confidently say he’s a decent 6ft.

I believe you. It's a joke around my house that I've trained my kids to subtract two inches from the official heights of most male celebrities, especially guys like Tom Cruise or Sylvester Stallone. I remember "Terminator" and "Aliens" star Michael Biehn saying he was taller than Arnold Schwarzenegger and shorter than Sigourney Weaver.

I've never met Dalton, but years ago I was buying a copy of one of his Bond films at the Costco in Burbank and the cashier said, "Oh, he shops here." I have, however, seen other celebrities and character actors at Costco (Ernest Borgnine, Robert Morse, etc.).

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
My favorite Brosnan Bond -- and one of my favorite Bonds, period -- is "Tomorrow Never Dies."

Hardcore Bond fanatics are prone to claiming "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" as their favorite entry in the series.

I interviewed Pierce Brosnan for "Die Another Day," along with several others involved in the film.

1-71548d09cc.jpg

2-bd475161b9.jpg

Congrats on the interview! I do think OHMSS would have been the best Bond, if Connery had starred. The ending would have brilliant if Connery could have sinked his acting chops into it.

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
No love for Sean's brother Neil Connery as Dr. Neil Connery in "Operation 007"?

It's co-staring Money Penny & Emilio Largo.
Seriously.

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
Daniel Craig and the others aren’t even close. Granted they’ve written him far better than the others so he’s got that going for him.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I always thought they missed a huge opportunity when they failed to cast Pee Herman as Bond. He dressed the part, and could really handle himself like a pro.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Don't like what Craig and the Broccoli descendants have done to Bond. Connery and Moore were in a fanciful series with ridiculous villains. A good time for everyone.

Dalton made it dark. Brosnan bought it most of the way back, but Craig took it down the tubes. Now it's just another overdone action series.

Kill it, kill it now.

thejackofhearts

Tele-Meister
It may have something to do with one's first 007 film. Mine was The Man with the Golden Gun. So, Moore. But others have done well, too, including Craig.
I think you're right about that. Mine was first Bond movie was with Sean (when he came back) but I really locked into Moore because I saw all of those releases in the theaters. Of course as I got a little older it was Sean all the way. But Craig has been straight bad ass thus far.

EZMFE

Tele-Meister
Don't like what Craig and the Broccoli descendants have done to Bond. Connery and Moore were in a fanciful series with ridiculous villains. A good time for everyone.

Dalton made it dark. Brosnan bought it most of the way back, but Craig took it down the tubes. Now it's just another overdone action series.

Kill it, kill it now.

Um, yeah, whatever.

And who the hell voted for Dalton? Not even close to a what James Bond should be.

Daniel Craig is amazing as James Bond.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
"Yes, considerably." One of my favorite scenes in the entire decades-long franchise.

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
The first Bond film I ever saw was Live and Let Die, so for years, Roger Moore WAS Bond to me. Then I saw the Connery films, and Roger stuck around too long. I shifted my allegiance to Connery.

Lazenby wasn't bad. He was hired because of his resemblance to Connery, and he brought a lighter touch to the role. But he was just a fill-in until Broccoli could convince Connery to return for Diamonds Are Forever. Lazenby did have the best female co-star in a Bond film in Diana Rigg, full stop. Not to mention a great love theme in 'We Have All the Time In the World' by the incomparable Louis Armstrong!

I like Timothy Dalton, he brought an edge to the Bond character after Moore got older and sillier as the years passed. But he was already old for the role when he started. And again, he was a fill-in until Pierce Brosnan was available.

I thought Brosnan did quite well in the role and enjoyed his films. I was skeptical when Daniel Craig took the role, but he's won me over. He's the closest to the original conception of Bond than any of the other ones, and the films have been excellent. And if No Time To Die is really his last go-round as Bond, he knows when to step aside. He gets my vote.