The Best Aftermarket Tele Neck That's Ready To Go.....

LWS66

TDPRI Member
I've been looking at some of the replacement Tele necks that are available, I want something in the 9.5-10 radius either in maple/maple or maple/rosewood that I will finish in Tung oil. Of all the different vendors that can supply an unfinished neck like I'm looking for, which ones are ready to apply finish to and bolt on? I don't have the tools to dress and finish frets or cut nuts (I used Carvin necks on my last two which were perfect and ready to go) but was thinking of using either a standard Tele headstock, or designing my own. Any recomendations?

AJ Love

Friend of Leo's
the "best" ready to go, I would think, would be just buying a Fender neck off of ebay

AJ Love

Friend of Leo's
Oh yeah, shame on me for not thinking of Rob D. first... yes go with Rob, he'll do right by you for sure

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I've used a Mighty Mite and others that I can't remember.

As far as unfinished (for Tung Oiling), I've only had necks that were finished.

Setting up a neck was easier than I thought, and necks are cheap... heck buy and try a few :)

Hendrixaxe66

Tele-Meister
JohnnyCrash said:
I've used a Mighty Mite and others that I can't remember.

As far as unfinished (for Tung Oiling), I've only had necks that were finished.

I can vouch for the excellent Mighty Mite necks, with a very thin finish that's incredibly smooth. However, you'll want to rip out the pants plastic pre-installed nut and replace it with a decent one in bone or tusq