The Beautiful People: Marilyn Manson Viewed as Art Macabre

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ping-ping-clicka, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

The video when approached not viewed from the current socio- fashion perspective, viewed as surrealist art from the same perspective the we view the Un Chien Andalou - Luis Bunuel & Salvador Dalì film from
    I appreciate the cinema that the producer / director applies to a "music video MTV consumable product.
    Grotesque ? yes, anti-art nihilism? maybe? The vision in its entity has a high level of conceptual continuity.
    and... it rocks hard:cool: as Ginger in Swordfish says,"just a though, just a though.:rolleyes:

ponce and 24 track like this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

a lovely tune , but you cant dance to it!

Manson was always off the wall, good musicians behind him! I heard some really screwed stories of life on the road with him, lol

every one needs an edge

ping-ping-clicka and ponce like this.
  3. ponce

ponce Tele-Holic

It's certainly legendary

4. ping-ping-clicka

oh , he ... :eek: has stories , I mean lots and lots of rock-monster .
    I was referring to a work of art:twisted: not to an individuals amorality.

24 track likes this.
  5. 24 track

I never minded his music at all , when I had my studio I had one principal , I would only record you if you did what you did and it well. There are soooooo many edges to approach to music , it was a statement thats all , he had some of the best musicians behind him , so no matter what he did was a recipe for sucess, like Trent Reznor and NIN same thing great musicians behind him and he pulled off his edge , very cool, and the time was right for that as well.

Amorality , or media bending, ( playing it up for the rags) and getting noticed by the target audience ?, plus going for the shock value......your Mommy and Daddy wont approve.....
    and I agree with you 100%

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  6. ping-ping-clicka

his work is measured by societies timid morality and hypocrisy and yes the nihilistically oriented hormonal teen rebellion audience which is not to say there is nothing to rebel against. He is good at social analysis, pushing buttons and playing the roll of the really bad guy anti-hero in the theater of arena rock. ... he plays the villain in a play that assaults conformity, timid morality, and disgustingly hideous hypocrisy an antihero for the times
    In this video Manson lays out the formula,for his product while mocking his audience as being led around by the nose and glad to have someone to act out there repressed anger lust self destructive desires for them, the psychos in horror files are our darkest desires through a safe buttered popcorn voyeuristic orgy of Id unleashed with no soiled under garments
    I leave the theater feeling better , glad that Dirty Harry a good guy, did my killing for me while protecting us from them. And I don't incur the legal fees or court dates... just for a few minutes I can feel inspired and all that darkess is purged , until the next time.

oh .... the was fun , just a though turned into a runaway train of thought ...

24 track likes this.
  7. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Interesting "side" thought ping-ping-clicka.

I was watching some in depth interview with a top musician a few weeks ago and he was talking about stage persona and all the people he had met and / or was friends with, of all the people he metioned, Bowie, Alice Cooper etc he said it was sad that a couple of artists had failed to keep seperate the real from the made up. Marilyn Manson was one he said that had got stuck in his. I thought that was a bit sad.

But hey, maybe he's having a whale of a time... :)

I do enjoy his music but mostly the hit songs. I did see him in Auckland live many years ago and it was pretty cool. Fascinating, sort of freaky in a performance sort of way. Pretty much what he was going for I guess :)

24 track likes this.
  8. 24 track

Alice cooper did the same thing , he got stuck in his persona and it nearly killed him , he would go out and get into fights etc. and was drunk/drugged most of the time , finally he had to stop ,look at him on the cover of Love it to death, A/C is emaciated and really sick looking because he forgot to stop.

221894639154.jpg

9. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Alice talks about this in pretty good detail in his book.

ping-ping-clicka and 24 track like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.