The Beatles: White Album

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ping-ping-clicka, Mar 19, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

DonM, VWAmTele, nojazzhere and 6 others like this.
  2. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

it said white album then played and produce interrupts and start talking and the remix and editing :mad:

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

The White LP was the first beatles lp I bought back in HS... kinda familiar with it...;)

love playing this...(not me)...

JuneauMike, Georox, Otis Fine and 2 others like this.
  4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Back then, a classmate of mine was the only kid I knew who had a guitar and he was into more recent records... pink floyd/zappa, etc.. non radio stuff... I hung out with him after school listening to music and trying to fudge songs with the chords we did know...

the only beatles chord book we had was the piano/organ version, the only one available at the time, so all the chord blocks on top of the music were impossible to finger for us as the keys were different..

I wish we could have had these tutorials to show us the guitar chords they were playing...it would have opened up a new world to us...

I misplaced my original book, so I bought the more recent guitar version of the book, saw the easier cowboy chords and thought, hey? these are the dumbed down versions, nothing like the originals....:rolleyes::lol:

like this one...

DonM, jrblue and Georox like this.
  5. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

I remember those books. Gosh, they were wretched. Still have a couple left over from a bygone era. When I look at them now, I just have to shake my head. Those publishers were sadists.

jrblue, Nelg, Chiogtr4x and 4 others like this.
  6. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I owned one of the two discs of this album, can't remember which one, but I think I recall it had Revolution (the faster one) and Helter Skelter on it. That's the closest I came to ever owning a beetles album
    I bought it from Sugar Shack records when they were on State St

brookdalebill and BorderRadio like this.
  7. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I was listening to some later Beatles albums a while back, and was thinking how little known most of the songs on them are to most people. It's only a few songs from them that get overplayed.

Georox, Bassman8 and kplamann like this.
  8. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

I have a MFSL Half Speed Mastered copy of this album . Had it for a very long time .

Ditchgator likes this.
  9. kplamann

kplamann Tele-Holic

The White Album has the slightly slower version of "Revolution" which starts with a brief acoustic guitar intro. The faster "Revolution" was the B-side of "Hey Jude" and also appears on the compilation album of the same name. Maybe you had that one, however it does not have "Helter Skelter".

"Helter Skelter" and "Revolution" (1, the slower one) do indeed appear together on the second disc of the White Album. You would then also have had the sound collage "Revolution 9" with the repeating voice "number 9, number 9,...". Maybe that drove you crazy about the Beatles... :)

10. kplamann

kplamann Tele-Holic

Indeed. Mother Nature's Son, I Will and others are (relatively) unknown but wonderful songs.

11. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Afflicted

1.Paul's playing his original Hofner here, the one that was stolen.
    2.Lennon's face doesn't lend itself well to such extreme close-ups.
    3. I've always wished George Martin would've put his foot down about overdriving the board so hard and maybe brought in some Plexis for them to try instead. But by then the balance of power had shifted.

12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

But did anyone try to play it backward - :rolleyes:

nojazzhere and broadcaster like this.
  13. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I like half this album, could of been one LP and I'd be fine. Here are songs that I love and only found out later in life are covers from the White Album :D

14. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

I've always loved this clip.

15. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Sounds pretty good. Thanks for posting. I think those kids have a bright future ahead of them.

jrblue likes this.
  16. Jon S.

Jon S. TDPRI Member

Among the many things I love about this album is how many people say it would have been better as a more tightly-produced single album but no one can agree on which songs to include and cut. I think just that says a lot.

17. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have no issues with The White Album, there's plenty of good music on it and I just ignore the songs I don't like. Not much different than tons of other double albums.

tonyj likes this.
  18. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Meister

We are all from different parts of the world but I’m surprised to hear that any songs by the Beatles are considered obscure. Growing up there was a radio station that had Beatles marathons, days when they played every Beatles song recorded in one long back to back session. These happened at least once a year in Seattle. I had a bunch of guitar playing friends and we all listened to and sang along with the Beatles in our cars together on the way to movies or parties. I thought everyone went through a Beatles phase where they saturated their music collection with Beatles albums, every friend I had back in high school who could sing knew the Beatles’ catalogue well.

Ditchgator and nojazzhere like this.
  19. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

I didn’t know that they were on State at one time. I’ve only been to the Atwood location.

blowtorch likes this.
  20. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep, it was only State for the longest time

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.