The Beatles were really talented, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
Personally, I'm a bigger fan of early to mid period beatles. A hard days night is one of my favorite records. I think most people though, when they talk about how important the beatles are, it is because of their psychedelic period.

Interesting isn’t it? The psychedelic period wouldn’t have happened without the mid period though. And I don’t mean just historically. They start to move toward it in the mid period. And they write some of their best stuff in the mid period

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Personally, I'm a bigger fan of early to mid period beatles. A hard days night is one of my favorite records. I think most people though, when they talk about how important the beatles are, it is because of their psychedelic period.

I like their later stuff well enough, but it was their early stuff (up to Rubber Soul and Revolver) that I like the most as well.

loopfinding

Poster Extraordinaire
if you don't like the beatles you probably worship satan, are a communist, and hate america. anyone who says something bad about the beatles, just know that someday i'm going to reach through the internet and punch you.

Cam

Friend of Leo's
This is a done to death thread, worthy of a lockdown or a move to the Epic area. My gosh I've turned into the "not this again guy" who should just move on and ignore these debates instead of commenting. Hey...wait a minute...I've succumbed.

Poster Extraordinaire
I always get them confused with the Monkees.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here, at peril of losing my good standing as a member of this board.

The Beatles are severely overrated and equally, criminally underrated.

Sorry if I've offended you.

Reactions: Cam

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
This is a done to death thread, worthy of a lockdown or a move to the Epic area. My gosh I've turned into the "not this again guy" who should just move on and ignore these debates instead of commenting. Hey...wait a minute...I've succumbed.
It's a 4 year old zombie.

Somehow, they made it seem like anything was possible. You just had to be there.
In part due to this old thread, I've become fascinated by the sociological phenomenon of the shared experience of a massive number of children who were between 8 and 18 years old when the Beatles played Ed Sullivan. And what happened when such a huge number of people grew up confirming each others' experience of witnessing the invention of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.