The Beatles are coming!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by eddiewagner, Oct 14, 2021.

1. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I don’t think we can get Disney+ here. Some stupid international thing. Hey, we ARE part of the US. Grrrrrrrr

2. Lone_Poor_Boy

Lone_Poor_Boy Tele-Holic

The Rush one was great. It really showed how grounded they all were. Man, how close they came to being done, between 'Caress' and '2112'. I remember my older brother saw them in our hometown of Quincy, Illinois at Turner Hall; a basement dive, and brought home Polaroids. I didn't know who the hell they were but I remember the ceiling was your cheap lowered 2x4 panel ceiling with lots of stains and probably less than a foot above their heads. That was probably right after 2112 came out, but before it took off.

The Muscle Shoals one is good, as well as Wrecking Crew, Levon Helm, Ginger Baker (holy hell that madman).

srblue5 and Skully like this.
  3. 421JAM

421JAM Tele-Holic

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is not one six hour movie. It’s three movies that came out over the span of years. I’m curious how those who want a theatrical release envision that happening in this case, being that it’s all coming out at the same time, or in very quick succession.

4. BramptonRob1958

BramptonRob1958 Tele-Meister

Being born in 58, the Beatles played a large part in in my formative years.

The Beatles together with many other British Invasion Bands as well as Canadian and US artists ignited my love of listening and later attempting to play said music.....

I realize that at the tender age of 6, I was attracted to the hype rather than their Music ability. However, without the hype I'm not sure if I would have ever had the desire to learn any instrument or vocals. For that alone I am forever grateful for the Beatles being part of my lifetime.

This will be a must watch for me

JSMac and Lone_Poor_Boy like this.
  5. Lone_Poor_Boy

Lone_Poor_Boy Tele-Holic

Dude, you're being way too pedantic over some comments made by people who are excited about seeing this, in any form.

Plus... read up a bit.....

3 part.JPG

6. Boreas

Boreas Poster Extraordinaire

Dunno - I would need a pee break every hour...

nojazzhere and aging_rocker like this.
  7. 421JAM

421JAM Tele-Holic

I’m happy to be pedantic. By the way, that’s a still image from video, not something one would read, so I’m not sure where you’re going with that. I’m well aware it’s being aired in three parts.

But I’m genuinely curious how people think a three part film that’s being released over three days would work as a theatrical release.

8. Lone_Poor_Boy

Lone_Poor_Boy Tele-Holic

I programmed a lot of Beatles songs into my Yamaha RX7; both bass and drums, and sometimes 'horns' and other instruments that were a pain to program to get to sound right. It's what really schooled me on both Paul's bass playing and Ringo's drumming, and how each song was unique and perfect, melodic. Sitting here the two I remember most are 'Don't Let Me Down'... what beauty, and wonderful to play and sing (except I hated the bridge) and jamming out to 'The End', doing all three guys solos. I just love that song anyway, since I first heard the White Album.

Most of my drum/bass saves are on my site if you care to dabble. Bass is panned left and drums right, so you can EQ them independently. Read the 'WTF' tab.

My site is just a Wordpress thing I did to save some things for friends and it's still not much more than that. No ads, no monetization. IDGAF. I just want to put stuff out there for others to use.

I think I finally got to 100 drum/bass saves uploaded. The Zep, Hendrix, and Beatles songs are quite accurate on both. The Cream ones are pretty good as well.

Bass and any instruments are in Eb/half-step down. Sorry.

'The End'
    https://lonepoorboy.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/the-end.mp3

Skully likes this.
  9. Jerry J

Jerry J Friend of Leo's

I was blown away with the quality of the video I saw this morning - it looked like it was filmed yesterday, not 50+ years ago. Also moved to see how young and relatively happy they looked. I heard Paul fell apart watching it - seeing Linda and his children and his old friend John. Can't wait for its release.

Sparky2 likes this.
  10. Lone_Poor_Boy

Lone_Poor_Boy Tele-Holic

Keep fighting the good fight, Mr. Quixote. <insert 'thumbs up' emoji>

11. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

Or that member from Spain with the sideburns (sorry I forgot his name).

Texicaster likes this.
  12. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It was originally planned as a much shorter film for theatrical release, then they changed their minds—for whatever reason—and opted for the longer streaming strategy. It was never going to be a 6-ish hour theatrical release.

Boreas likes this.
  13. Mr. St. Paul

Mr. St. Paul Tele-Holic

There's been a few tracks released early to streaming services. I'm not knocked out by what I've heard so far:

1st take of 'Don't Let Me Down' (rooftop): unused because John forgets the lyrics in one verse. Billy Preston doesn't quite have the keyboard fills down yet.

2021 remix of 'Let It Be': They use the single version, which bugs me because I love George's solo on the album version. I thought the 'Naked' remix was superior to this one.

Original Glyn Johns mix of 'For You Blue': A different take than the eventual released version, and not as strong.

But who am I kidding? I'll be checking it out tomorrow to see what else is there! :D

Texicaster likes this.
  14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Well, I am not a real huge fan, but my wife overheard the clip :rolleyes:, so she is already looking into signing up the Disney channel stuff. We will be watching every second. I’ve got to say that the roof top concert was an awesome event and as a songwriter, I am very excited about it. It is historic.

Boreas, stormsedge and aging_rocker like this.
  15. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Are you sure? Down here in New Zealand we are usually by far the last to get anything.... but Disney+ has been here for a year or two. My wife got it for our now 6-year-old daughter.

16. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I'm looking forward to watching this and I don't listen to a lot of their music but it's still important nonetheless.

Obsessed likes this.
  17. 421JAM

421JAM Tele-Holic

Thank you for the answer. Perhaps at some point a two hour~ cut will be released to theaters.

This is crass, but I wouldn’t be surprised if upon Paul or Ringo’s death they throw together a two hour theatrical cut heavily featuring Paul or Ringo.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  18. burtonfan

burtonfan Tele-Afflicted

Again...

snore... :cool:

19. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Little Dorrit......when I saw it in late 80's, it was shown in two parts. (part 1 on, I believe, Tue. Wed. and Thur.....and part two on Fri. Sat. Sun) it's total of 5 hrs. and 57min......so three minutes short of six hours. But it is now available as one straight cut. Can I get partial credit? ;)

Obsessed and micpoc like this.
  20. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Holic

I'm excited for this. The video quality looks great and I'm curious as to how the new footage challenges the dreary portrayal of that era from the original Let It Be film. It's nice to see how lighthearted they are in contrast to all the bickering and passive-aggression. Even John looks like he's in great spirits at times.

As a fan of the Fender Bass VI (John and George were the first guitarists I ever saw playing one, which made me think it was a guitar), it's cool to see them using it often. It looks like even Billy Preston has a go on it -- did he come up with the bassline for the Stones' "Miss You" then? (Kidding...)

micpoc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.