The Beach Boys & The Wrecking Crew - "Wouldn't It be Nice"

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by HotRodSteve, Aug 21, 2019.

1. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Straydogger likes this.
  2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Great song, but the more I learn about the Beach Boys and the Wrecking Crew I wonder how much of a corporate manufactured band they were.
    Not exactly like the Monkees or the Archies, because they had Brian.

3. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Watching these videos of Brian Wilson with the Wrecking Crew and also the movie "Love and Mercy" I keep thinking - imagine if Mozart recorded music with them. Mind blowing!

RodeoTex likes this.
  4. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

On the Beach Boys "Doin' It Again - 50 years" there's B&W footage of the recording of Good Vibrations with Brian queuing Hal Blaine on the drums.

For mine, if they were manufactured at all it was by Brian he was a freak who could visualise and hear all of the parts before they were put down

5. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

All their stuff wasn't done by the wrecking crew. As a matter of fact, it's easy to tell which recordings were by the wrecking crew, they had the "wall of sound" instrumentation, (a lot going on if you listen closely). As a matter of fact, when Brian decided he couldn't continue to be a gigging member of the band anymore, was the same time frame as the firing of father/manager Murry, and Brian's manic studio presence started to emerge. He went off the deep end, and the creative juices were full steam ahead. He quickly realized he wasn't going to get the sounds he had in his head on vinyl, with the current Beach Boys lineup, so he turned to session musicians, and the rest is as they say...history. At the time, he knew exactly what he wanted every second of tape to sound like, and he was obsessed to achieve it, any way possible.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.