1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Baritone Tele Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Nov 1, 2009.

1. portugal

portugal Tele-Meister

You work looks top notch.

But I am not a fan of that pickguard choice. haha, glad you like it!

2. grinchmonkey

grinchmonkey Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Terry, first let me say that I saw you play at Hank's before and it was quite a show.

I noticed that you said BTN232 is no longer available from Warmoth. If I am not mistaken that number is only assigned to the neck that you purchased. "BTN" standing for Baritone Telecaster Neck and then 232 being the number they assigned. I don't know if they re-use the numbers each year/decade/millenium or if they have only ever made 232 baritone tele necks at the time of your purchase. So if anyone is looking to get a similar neck, just search the Showcase under Baritone necks/Tele necks and then whatever wood choices they want.

I apologize if this is redundant information I just didn't want anyone to be confused when they couldn't find the same "model number" that you used. I am also contemplating making a Warmoth Baritone Tele and this thread will help me greatly when I get around to it.

3. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

I say sloppy is good with a baritone as long has you have the finesses to avoid playing sharp. Good luck with your project.

Thanks. That's alright, I like Antigua's and fat girls too. Cheers. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words and the info on the neck. Good luck with your project too.

4. moparmutt

moparmutt Tele-Holic

very cool barri, nice playing!

5. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Thanks mopar!!!

6. inspectorted

inspectorted TDPRI Member

This guitar looks awsome... I'm new here, and I've been looking around in this section quite a bit. Lots of cool stuff here.

7. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Welcome to the TDPRI inspectorted!!!

8. Ronan

Ronan TDPRI Member

Apologies if I'm not supposed to bump this for no real reason - other than to say this was a great read - you really went out of your way to make it indispensably informative. Inspiring.
    Off to look up some Baritone necks :)

9. kevinjames

kevinjames TDPRI Member

Well, Ima bump this again. I'm wondering if anybody has a wiring diagram for this. I hadn't previously considered the implications of the "bass heavy" problem of the pickups, so the particular wiring on this one has me intrigued.

I'm overwhelmed with jealousy, as yours is finished and I haven't even started yet :D

I love baritones. That's one of the best bari-teles I've ever seen

10. kevinjames

kevinjames TDPRI Member

Nevermind, found it

DUH!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.