The annual “is Halloween dead” thread how many treaters you get?

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
None. I carved a lantern and the wife bought sweets.

I'm now eating the sweeties. :cool:

Ff0omJX.jpg
how did you get that pic of me to make that pumpkin?

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I asked my Doctor if I could get a copy of the X-ray from my C4-5 fusion, my knee replacement, my wife's spinal surgery(2 X 10" titanium rods in her spine , so we could frame them hang them on our wall with a little plaque that said MOM & DAD. After he told me to piss off, he started to laugh , and accused me of being from a different planet.
Some peoples children.....Right. would have been cool to hang up for a decoration. LOL

CalebAaron666

Tele-Holic
That’s totally a house I’d be afraid to walk up to as a 10 year old, especially with ol leather face there

Pretty sweet Frankenstein’s monster!
Yeah, we had a few scared kids.
I was tactful. When it was a kid 10+ years old I’d jump out from behind the coffin, 5-8 years old I’d creep out from behind it.
We only had one kid actually run away, a Princess, but I gave an almond joy to her mother to give to her later.

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Slow night here in the middle of Norwhere (Norway).

Like another poster here, I planned on handing out cans of generic beer to the small kids, and a snifter of fine single malt whisky to the older kids. Served in a proper Glencairn, of course.

Too bad no one showed up.
My head will be my witness.
The greatest post on TDPRI ....should be a sticky.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Yeah, we had a few scared kids.
I was tactful. When it was a kid 10+ years old I’d jump out from behind the coffin, 5-8 years old I’d creep out from behind it.
We only had one kid actually run away, a Princess, but I gave an almond joy to her mother to give to her later.
I mentioned this in the other Halloween thread but

When I was about 10 There was a neighbor down the street that had all of us kids too frightened to go down the driveway (was a decent size lane)

He had a leather face getup on with chainsaw,apron and all, had a fog machine and strobe lights, playing on a stereo was something that sounded like creepy “metal machine music”

Us group of kids must have been at the end of his driveway for 15 minutes before his wife flicked on the lights and came out to us with candy

I like to think the conversation later was something like “I told you you were going too far this year!”

Stratohacker

Tele-Afflicted
We got about 125 kids - which was a lot of fun. Most of the kids said "Trick or Treat" or "Happy Halloween" but my wife noticed that some of the kids were coming to the door and said nothing.

The next one's that came rang the doorbell and when I opened it they just stood there. I stood there too and said nothing. They looked confused, I said "Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss......" Then they said "Trick or Treat" I told them good job here's your candy.

My wife did the same and got responses from everyone from that point on.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I still remember going out with my oldest daughter for her first Halloween. The first stop was our next-door neighbour where she was shy but was invited to take a second treat. At the next house, when the door opened she piped up and said, "I want two!" :lol:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Lol. I bought 4 boxes of these at Walmart a month ago just to get ahead in case there was a shortage. I ended up having to buy 2 more boxes. I fell off the no-sugar wagon and binged on the KitKat and Coffee Crisp bars. View attachment 1046408
Canadian smarties!

We get these!
image.jpg

And they are made in Canada! (Well some of them)
image.jpg

Do guys have two different smarties up there? Or are these just for export? If you get both is it ever confusing?

Coffee crisps sound interesting

CalebAaron666

Tele-Holic
I mentioned this in the other Halloween thread but

When I was about 10 There was a neighbor down the street that had all of us kids too frightened to go down the driveway (was a decent size lane)

He had a leather face getup on with chainsaw,apron and all, had a fog machine and strobe lights, playing on a stereo was something that sounded like creepy “metal machine music”

Us group of kids must have been at the end of his driveway for 15 minutes before his wife flicked on the lights and came out to us with candy

I like to think the conversation later was something like “I told you you were going too far this year!”
Haha yeah, that might be too much.
I had my house pretty heavily decorated and a boombox playing an old halloween mix tape, spooky novelty songs and such. I had a smoke machine too.
On one side of my porch I had a projector playing old spook show trailers. Most of the kids are too young to really go full on chainsaw massacre.

Here’s a silly video I made of my house last week.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
I had my house pretty heavily decorated and a boombox playing an old halloween mix tape, spooky novelty songs and such. I had a smoke machine too.
On one side of my porch I had a projector playing old spook show trailers. Most of the kids are too young to really go full on chainsaw massacre.

I hope you don’t go all out on every holiday, I don’t know if I could find the room to store just your outside Halloween decorations

I’m curious where people keep these 10 foot tall wolf men and skeletons at?

I guess some just don’t store them, there’s a fellow down the street that has a 10 foot tall skeleton in his front yard that’s been there since last year, he dresses it up for different seasons, this year he added a matching wolf man, i wonder if it will get the same treatment?

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Good turnout, ran out of candy by 7:30 so lights out. Had some good jams playing outdoors for all the ages of T n T'ers: Enter Sandman, Sweet Dreams by Marily Manson, Ghost Town by the Specials, Thriller, Red Right Hand by Nick Cave, Welcome to My Nightmare /Years Ago / Steven / The Black Widow / Cold Ethyl by Alice Cooper, Season of the Witch Joan Jett version (thanks @blowtorch), and many more.... a real good time! Great costumes!

CalebAaron666

Tele-Holic
I hope you don’t go all out on every holiday, I don’t know if I could find the room to store just your outside Halloween decorations

I’m curious where people keep these 10 foot tall wolf men and skeletons at?

I guess some just don’t store them, there’s a fellow down the street that has a 10 foot tall skeleton in his front yard that’s been there since last year, he dresses it up for different seasons, this year he added a matching wolf man, i wonder if it will get the same treatment?
No, I just keep that stuff out for Halloween. I already took everything down today.
We have a basement that I keep pretty organized for storage.

I would love to get one of those gigantic skeletons someday, but they’re pricey. I try and make due with cheaper stuff. The lights and the spiders are the most expensive stuff I have, and they’re not too bad. A lot of the crap I set up is stuff people have given me over the years. I’m a weirdo so friends give me weird stuff, like mannequin heads.
If I did get the giant skeleton, I’d probably keep it in the garage for the rest of the year if I had one.

We just moved into this house last spring, so who knows what we’ll do for other holidays.
Most likely, I’ll put up some xmas lights, and that’s about it.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Good turnout, ran out of candy by 7:30 so lights out. Had some good jams playing outdoors for all the ages of T n T'ers: Enter Sandman, Sweet Dreams by Marily Manson, Ghost Town by the Specials, Thriller, Red Right Hand by Nick Cave, Welcome to My Nightmare /Years Ago / Steven / The Black Widow / Cold Ethyl by Alice Cooper, Season of the Witch Joan Jett version (thanks @blowtorch), and many more.... a real good time! Great costumes!
Did anyone join in with a harmonica?

Dang! That’s Joan Jett! I knew it was a raspy female and just assumed this whole time that it was a hole/Courtney love cover

Now I know

Geo

Poster Extraordinaire
Got 8-10 groups or pairs. It was more than expected but there have been some younger families moving
to the general area. There were some great costumes including some of the parents. There were a few teens as well.

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
Zero. I think it's the third time in 15 years at this house. And a few years where all the kids we got were related.

It was drizzling most of the evening, and we live in a very well-spaced development with only 16 homes (and my munchkin is the only self-propelled child here), while there is a 150~ish home community on postage stamp lots 1/2 mile or so away. I expect as the neighbor kids learn to walk I'll see them, but that's about it.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Canadian smarties!

We get these! View attachment 1046596
And they are made in Canada! (Well some of them)
View attachment 1046597

Do guys have two different smarties up there? Or are these just for export? If you get both is it ever confusing?

Coffee crisps sound interesting
I've forgotten about these. I didn't see any this year at Walmart or Safeway. They've always been popular here at Haloween though.

We don't call them Smarties though and I can't remember right now what we do call them.

As for the 'Coffee Crisp' bars, I've always thought they were an American bar that made its way up here. There's so much overlap that it's hard to tell if a product is originally from the US or Canada. I've shopped at Walmarts and Safeways in the US and was familiar with 99% of the products on the shelves. The only difference was that the prices were waaay lower in the US.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

Impressive! I went to YT. "I Was A Teenage Werewolf' came up after. Nice job!