The A Cappella Thread

denny

Tele-Holic
Pentatonix has a new one, released about a month ago. BTW, PTX was the first Grammy winner I was rooting for that actually won!.. they got one for "Daft Punk Medley" and did it again a year later with "Sugar Plum Fairy" I think this one may be winner as well.

denny

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
If you haven't heard it you should check out her recent album "Windy City", incredible performances of mostly classics. Sorry, 'taint a capella but I'm easily distracted- this is a fabulous version of a great song by Roger Miller;

Yeah I have windy city, her version of Gentle in my mind is a superb track, but there really isn't any if her songs I don't like

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Radie also fronts a traditional Irish band called Lankum.

I would have loved to hear Ralph's brother sing this. Carter had an amazing voice.

More Gospel...

Last edited:

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Any chance I have to post my favorite young group, I’m gonna take it and this one by Larkin Poe (without the lapsteel and guitar) slips into the definition:

John Frets

Tele-Meister
Jennifer Warnes, a great singer, singing a Leonard Cohen song and backed by a great choral arrangement written by jazz pianist and arranger William Ginn. The arrangement got a Grammy nomination for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s).

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
Any chance I have to post my favorite young group, I’m gonna take it and this one by Larkin Poe (without the lapsteel and guitar) slips into the definition:

That's nice - I discovered them recently and the Slide Queen Megan Lovell actually brought me to turn one of my resonators (the one with already twisted neck and awful string action) into a lap steel.
Also love their version of "John The Revelator".

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
That's nice - I discovered them recently and the Slide Queen Megan Lovell actually brought me to turn one of my resonators (the one with already twisted neck and awful string action) into a lap steel.
Also love their version of "John The Revelator".
Check out the percussive Rebecca with lapsteel Megan in, “Grinnin’” and “Spoonful”. Also check out Rebecca’s solo of, “John the Revelator”. The duo are magic.