The 500 dollars, missing from an amp sale for six years was found today.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Parents always have a favorite whether they admit it or not. Anything WE (she) decides to spend on second son is okay, what we spend on the grandkids is okay, even though the one grandkid is knocking down 70 grand a year now. Wife logic is...

2. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

It must be nice to be so rich that a missing $500 can be so easily dismissed.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Believe me, it was not so easily dismissed. I am quite thankful that it showed back up. This really is FOUND money.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Before I got too old to really play golf, my golfing partner and I won, many, many small tournaments and team play events. Never a whole lot of money a couple of hundred bucks each, but we won so often, and so many times I miss having the side money that I chose not to mention to anyone, (like my wife) Best I ever did was 700 in a tournament, and I was in that alone, my buddy wasn't in that game, but man, that time I really thought it was some serious money, even though it really wasn't.

5. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Holic

That was my hat that I broke into your house & placed on your head. I have since replaced the hat so if you could just send the equivalent money via Western Union, that would be great.

Lol.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

That was a circuitous, long-winded way of telling us that you sold an amp, hid the proceeds from your wife, hid the money from yourself in the process due to your sometimers issues, and then found the money. ;):D

scrapyardblue likes this.
  7. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

I have found money years after the fact in those multi pocket credential holders they give you at various geek gatherings, first one was $50, a few weeks ago $125. I went thru my junk drawer in search of more treasure but so far no go..

8. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

The most I ever won was about $1,400 I split with my partner. Yes that is nice money to have. With your winning the $100 to$200 in golf when I did it fishing I spent at least half that winning the money but that was a sunk cost so the winning dollars are nice. I actually did it Saturday. I won $105. It is with my mad money looking for something fun to spend it on. Sometimes I give it to my wife.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

So what's the over/under on that over the long haul?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Now, you've gone and got me depressed.

Thinking about all the Grants and Benjamins hiding in the novels and textbooks that got washed away in Katrina.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Now don't embarrass me on the day my money shows up, we both know who's gonna end up with it! :lol:

12. Toto'sDad

No doubt that happened, no doubt at all.

13. Toto'sDad

I'll get right on it.

G.Rotten likes this.
  14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow, what an excellent way to stash away enough bucks over time to cover your bad golfing bet. Nice recovery.;)

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

...and the combination is...:confused:

D’oh !

16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It didn't need to be so bad, but some friends tried to be useful, gutting my house and they tossed a lot of the books (they appeared shot) even though I asked them not to. Some of the money was never going to be found. And the books did smell and they were in the way. One tried to be helpful afterward and suggested my insurance would pay. No, it doesn't pay for that.

But I did find letters my Grandmother to me wrote on expensive paper with expensive ink. I am so grateful to have saved those - those couldn't be replaced like money can. I never understood why she was so particular about the way she did letters. Now, I know. Not much else "organic" made it through that mess. Certainly not the heads or columns.

So, some really did wash away. Other bills simply may as well have. And when bills were found, they didn't look so good. US Currency is not as durable as the Bureau of Engraving would have you believe.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Tele-Afflicted

If i were you id save it for the next time that grandson of yours calls needing bail money... :D

18. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Afflicted

Found money is always nice.

My ins company just had to fork out some rebates and so did the state of Va. Let's just say my local music store was pretty happy about that turn of events

19. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

In college whenever my roommate or I found money, say 20 dollars in a pair of jeans we'd forgotten about or some other such, we would liquidate those assets. That was our term for turning found money into booze.

So I don't know if you drink, but my advice would be to liquidate at least some of those assets.

20. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

My Dad did the same thing with the proceeds from his Winnebago sale about 30 years ago (About $5-$6000 IIRC)

He had completely forgot about it, I found it years later when my parents gave me their old bedroom set... I flipped over a box spring, and an envelope with dozens of hundred dollar bills hits the ground...The old man looked at it like "WTF is that?"

It honestly took him about 5 minutes to put it together, I remember thinking... "If I knew he wasn't missing it, I would have flipped the box spring more gently" :p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.