The 500 dollars, missing from an amp sale for six years was found today.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

About seven years ago, I bought a DRRI in Los Angeles while I was on other business in the area. It was an older one that still had the extra switch on it, I've forgotten what it was for, but it had an extra switch on the back. (ground switch?) I thought it sounded fine, but some people with good hearing (like my wife) could hear a high pitched noise in it that I never heard. I considered having it repaired, but I also had a Blues Deluxe at the time, that I liked better.

Having said that, I did what made perfect sense to me at the time, I sold both the DRRI and the BD, and bought a new DRRI which after receiving three in shipment without getting one that would work for more than a few hours, I took a floor model, got some money back, and had to have that one repaired in a month. I don't know if having five DRRIs is any kind of record, but it's the most of any one amp I've ever had and I still don't like it, but at this point am afraid to EVER buy another amp.

ANYWAY, I sold the DRRI, and tossed the money in an envelope on the kitchen counter, then I remembered what happened to my wallet full of pistol money when my wife spied it, and thought better of it and put it away. I never could find the money, my wife couldn't find the money, we decided that someone stole the money, or it sprouted wings and flew away like a cartoon.

Today in the process for searching for a new dentist, (my wife's idea) she pulled all of my old dental records and WALLAH, out of the records falls the envelope with the five hundred bucks in it. I mentally apologized to all of the people that I (thankfully) mentally accused of stealing it. (is that considered a spate of meditating?) I (without thinking it through offered it to her since she found it) She said she didn't want it, that it was mine. I thought discretion the better part of valor, and hastily beat it to my secret hiding hole in the SAFE. Where it shall remain, (hopefully) until I savor it for a while. (My wife muttered something about it being used for the new dentist which I acted as if I did not hear)

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Glad it turned up!

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Thank you, me too.

There was a time when I would right now be down at Guitar Center, buying something I would not like within two days after the return period was expired! :lol::lol::lol:

4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Amp money...turned up...I saw what you did there!

5. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Wow. That's epic. And something I would easily do, although I would have made myself sick for months to come for not being able to locate/remember it.

That's a lot of dough for me to misplace.

I'm as happy for you as I would if it had been me.

Toto'sDad and Greggorios like this.
  6. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Dang you, TD!
    That’s MY $500...I broke into your house and put it in your file cabinet...

Send it back to me!

Shuster, drlucky, nojazzhere and 3 others like this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Been there, was looking for my hat to go golfing. Was scrambling through the closet, then out to the garage, and then back to the bedroom. I put my hands on my hips and my wife could see I was put out.
    She asked what was the problem. I explained that I was looking for my white hat to go play golf in and I could not find it. She giggled a little and asked if I looked on my head.
    I thought she was trying to be funny and then I touched my head. Yep hat in place...

8. Toto'sDad

:lol::lol::lol:

I am still kind of in shock, I had written that money off long ago. I'm sure I have mentioned it going missing here on the forum, probably more than once. Back when I was still working, I was doing very well towards the end of my employment days, and when I'd get a bonus check, I'd just cash it and split it with my wife so that she would have some fun money to spend. I had a great time spending it though! Now I have a little dab left to squander or maybe even just keep.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  9. StillAliveandWell

StillAliveandWell TDPRI Member

Selective Hearing Aid G.png

VWAmTele, DonM, Shuster and 10 others like this.
  10. Toto'sDad

I'm sorry that I found YOUR money, I'll immediately wire it to you by Western Union.

11. Toto'sDad

Those darned golf caps go missing in the darnedest places, I've found mine there too!

Scooter91 likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

I mentioned to my sister in law one time about the money being missing. She offered to help me look for if it was FINDERS, KEEPERS! I chose not to take her up on her generous offer.

telemnemonics likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

I have one of those, I have said HUH so many times, when my wife has something important to say, she grabs me by the neck and switches it to ON.

14. StillAliveandWell

StillAliveandWell TDPRI Member

I have two, one for each side of my head. ;)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

You should use it to take a cruise, or some sort of trip, with her to prove you are sincerely thankful and won't be "blowing it" on gear. Make a big deal of it....then come up with another $500 on the side to blow on gear.

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

For those who don't speak passive aggressive, allow me to interpret.

1. He was relieved that he never fully acted on his simmering resentment towards those who stole the money though he had committed some low-voltage revenge over the years that maybe no one noticed.

2. He offered it to his wife. She accepted. Both carefully avoiding a "thank you."

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

I have won money more than once fishing and have stashed the envelope and forgotten about it. Months or longer later I have found the envelope. This is normally around $100. Fun mad money to find.

Today I took my mad money, about what you found, and bought my Son a Birthday/ Christmas Present. I hope he likes it.

LeftFinger and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Right on number one, wrong on two. Somehow I escaped my own stupidity with that one! (for now)

19. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

Now! Don't forget!

IT'S IN THE SAFE!!!

Write that on a piece of paper & put it somewhere safe...eh?

20. Toto'sDad

My wife doesn't need any help deciding what to do with my money, she's well versed and practiced on the subject.

PCollen and stratoman1 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.