Hey everyone! So while I haven't given up on finishing my walnut telecaster, I have learned a great deal about vintage guitars, vintage accurate materials, lacquer chemistry, historical construction techniques, etc as well as luthier skills in general since I started my journey as a guitar maker, and as such, I have opted to start my next build. Well, to be more exact, I actually already started it about two weeks ago, and didn't have the common sense to record my progress before today! The body will be made from a quite pretty two piece swamp ash body blank from the Carolinas with a weight of 2.35 pounds per board foot, which is pretty nice considering most swamp ash is in the range of 2.5 to 2.8 lbs pbf. The neck will be made out of hard maple, with a one way truss rod and a walnut plug and skunk stripe. I am also planning on machining some of the metal hardware myself, maybe even dip my toes into using a spray gun. The finish will be the mid 50s white blond using lacquer that is as close to the original stuff as possible. Here's what I have so far, and I hope you stick around and enjoy this process!