1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The 15w British sounding amp head duel

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bananagab, Jul 3, 2016.

Which amp do you prefer?

1. Vox AC15ch

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Fender Bassbreaker 15

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Bananagab

Bananagab NEW MEMBER!

Hi,
    I've been toying around the idea of selling my Tiny Terror for a while. Not versatile enough for my cover/jam band.

I was pretty much set on the AC15 Custom Head until I saw the rave about the Fender Bassbreaker 15.

They are around the same price and I can't pick one over the other.

What are your experiences with these amps? At this point I was ready to do a coin flip...

2. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

For me any single channel amp (which both of your choices basically are), isn't nearly versatile enough. I chose a Blackstar HT-20 which ticks all the versatility boxes for me. I also play in a covers band and need footswitchable clean and overdriven tones which the HT-20 provides, without having to resort to pedals.
    Having said that the Fender is great at overdrive but has compromised cleans, whereas the Vox excels at clean tones, but needs to be worked hard (and loud), for valve overdrive. Both with an A/B/Y box would be an excellent-sounding luxury.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    homesick345 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.