That time a truce was called during WWI- to pull together to fight man-killing wolves

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'd never heard of this, but it seems historically legit

Beyond ironic that two opposing forces can put aside their differences long enough to fight a common enemy. Too bad we can't do that and stop our national squabbles and unite to deal with common problems facing our planet. :(

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Sounds like bs. Just more scaremongering about non human predators.
Yeah. I'd watched this with my youngest son last weekend
1660141475325.png

"Based on the true story of Jacqueline Perry and Mark Jordan, who in 2005 were attacked by a bear at a campsite in Missinaibi Lake provincial park about 80 kilometers north of Chapleau Ontario"

Sure, based on a true story.Yet huge liberties taken.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
On a related WWII note, I've always liked this "Truce" film. An American and Japanese Servicemen stranded on a deserted island in the South Pacific. For those who've not seen it, I highly recommend it, but don't read up about it prior to doing so because of spoiler alerts.

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 7.35.40 AM.png

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I've wrestled the mighty cereal box wrapper when it looked like I would NEVER be able to peel it from the box. I stayed the course though, and singled handedly overcame the wrapper, tore open the box, and retrieved the toot whistle. (After dumping the contents on the kitchen table)

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
On a related WWII note, I've always liked this "Truce" film. An American and Japanese Servicemen stranded on a deserted island in the South Pacific. For those who've not seen it, I highly recommend it, but don't read up about it prior to doing so because of spoiler alerts.

View attachment 1015371
Hmmm, interesting...shades of "All Quiet on the Western Front" maybe?

feldkeen

Tele-Meister
I’ve seen it before after the aliens blew up the White House. Will Smith united the world to save humanity.