That one time when you really messed up.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Me and my psychobilly friends were driving somewhere. I have never cared much where we were going. It was in the winter time, and sitting in the back of the van, i started to feel funny.
I then threw up everything in my guts in an empty sack i found under the passenger seat. Then i noticed the bag had a hole in it, and when the singer in the front seat smelt that one, he couldn't help but upchuck through the front passenger window.

So now we had a van splattered with puke on the outside, and with a leaking bag of puke on the inside.
The fun, mes amis ! the fun !

My friend tried to get me to clean up with snow but i was so out of my mind he took care of it himself. The puke stains on the van looked nice though.

Another time, travelling somewhere in switzerland, i was out of my mind again, and the driver asked me to ask the cops the way to the venue. So in my mind i was doing fine, no probs, i can handle that, and as soon as i opened the door instead of the window, 2 or 3 bottles of beer went down and crashed to smithereens right in front of the cop. I picked up the shattered glass, and luckily the cop didn't even arrest us.

I felt bad for myself and the band.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
There are way too many things that I don't remember. I woke up with broken ribs once. Obviously, I had really messed up then, but I have no clue as to how it happened.
It happened to the best of us. Why can't you laugh ? I don't know, i must have done something funny yesterday night.
It happened to me once, and i had all the night in my brain. No funny stuffs or anything, but the day after was painful. I was seeing the supersuckers that nite, and it wasn't a circle pit or moshing or anything. The next day was a bit tiresome though.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Being tricked by a USMC recruiter to sign up for their officer candidate plan instead of a cushy Air Force or Navy plan that was essentially a "knife and fork" school. His trick was after hearing how the other recruiters were being pushy to sign me up was to challenge me by saying, "Our program is probably too difficult for you." That's all it took to rope me in.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It was embarrassing, but not too bad.
I took a singing telegram type gig.
I was to sing and play Happy Birthday and Happy Trails to a guy at a nice restaurant.
I sang it to the wrong guy, at the wrong table.
I got the restaurant and time right.
Imagine Popeye voice “Embarrasking”.
I re-performed it to the right guy, tucked tail and split.
I stopped taking those gigs.
I’m somewhat introverted.
I was a broke introvert at the time, so I took the money.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I’m not sure I could even get it down to the top ten. The worst was waking up after being out bar hopping and having no recollection of how I got home. I ran out and checked the car for damage and there was none. I still shiver when I think of what might have happened. I had friends that had drinking blackouts involving driving. Once was enough for me.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
I can't really say I messed up, but I can say I was really messed up at a party I went to with a friend. When he stopped by and asked if I wanted to go I said sure and we both immediately ate 3 hits of window pane. Things were going good at the party until the phone rang. Not knowing who was calling I warned the host not to answer the phone. About 5-10 minutes after the first call it rang again, go figure, not knowing who's calling I pulled my pistol and made everyone stand against the wall while my buddy tore out all of the phone lines. We had another beer thanked them for the fine party and left.
We were not invited back again.
40 plus years I'm glad I got past that behavior.
P.S. the case of the mystery caller has never been solved.

Last edited:

gmann

Friend of Leo's
3/4 of a fifth of Bourbon, half a bottle of wine in about 30 minutes. 11 years old, maybe 90 lbs soaking wet. Fortunately some construction workers found me in time for paramedics to prevent me from winning a junior Darwin Award.
Super lucky, what were you thinking?

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
We used to jump trains from my neighborhood to downtown Atlanta. There was a curve they went slow through and they always slowed to a crawl in the center of town. One night after seeing a band we couldn’t seem to catch a railroad and it was too late for public transportation. We went to the old Omni center and snuck up to the recently abandoned World of Sid and Marty Kroftt. All the weird animitronics and rides were still there unplugged and uncovered. Weirdest night of my life at that time. Look it up.