1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Thanksgiving Fails - 2020

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bluesboy3, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Afflicted

Had one major fail. Made homemade pumpkin pie. It looked awesome.... Everyone was very excited....

Forgot to put sugar in it.

Yours?

2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Mother in law did that once.

We cooked the bird upside down once. Incidentally, all the juices got into the breast, so we've been doing it that way on purpose now.

3. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

You know, its easy to take these mistakes seriously but its important to make lemonade when you're handed lemons. Sometimes you get lucky.

We once made a big dish of dressing on turkey day and left it in the oven. Totally forgot about it and didn't find it until late in the evening. It didn't burn because someone turned the oven off and yet no one noticed at serving time that there was no stuffing...stuff.:confused:

4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

you mean, you made a Pumpkin pie that actually tastes like Pumpkin... incredible...:lol:

5. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Kitchen sink backed up which made the sink, disposal and dishwasher inoperable. Dishes had to wait until Friday after I replaced the p-trap and poured in a mess of chemicals.

6. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I prefer it without sugar.

I made a seafood chowder a day ahead for Thanksgiving dinner. My son ate all of it in the morning.

7. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

My mom did that one year when I was a kid. I had the pumpkin pies to myself that year. I just sprinkled some sugar on a slice and topped it with whipped topping. Good enough for me.

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.