THANKS FELLOW BAD DOGS FOR KEEPING ME AWAKE AND CALM LAST NIGHT.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
. . . Not long ago some little git egged my place because my wife told him to put his dog on a lead.
Revenge is best served cold.
I lived for a year or two in Providence, Rhode Island, famous for its gangsters and its thug culture.

A friend had a story about her mom walking the dog. As she was passing a front porch full of little kids, one of them threw a bottle in the street. Mom pointed to the broken glass and said, "Come down here and clean that up."

One of the kids, a girl about five, said, "Do you like your dog?"

Mom said she did.

The girl said, "Then shut up!"

Folks can be be pretty touchy, can't they?

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
No seriously I mean it.

I made a 999 call at 4:20am (UK time) this morning and had to wait till 8:30 before the police arrived.

So I spent the time waiting in this corner of cyberspace staying awake, reading the comments and trying to keep out of my mind what was happening.
I had a false start getting to sleep last night and as per my neuro guy's suggestion got out of bed and sat shining my Tele body.

About 4am I heard a noise and thought it was my son, went downstairs and there was nothing. About 10 minutes later I heard a car pass and a loud house shaking thump, went back downstairs, saw nothing but heard what I thought was one of our native vampire moths behind the dining room blinds. Lifted the blind to see the laminate glass in the window caving in.

I thought at first it was a stone thrown up by the passing car but soon realised that couldn't possibly be the case. I got the trousers and shoes on lifted my torch and wood chopper to go outside and investigate. A large rock had been thrown at the window. After about 5 minutes I decided to go back indoors and phone the police. On my way back in I heard a car tearing down the road in our direction, so I hid round the corner to see what would happen.

The car stopped right in front of the broken window and I emerged with torch and implement. As the car pulled away, a youngish lad pointed at me out the car's open window and said to me "You're (blank) dead!". I got the car's plate went straight indoors phoned the cops and woke my son. Thankfully Mrs K stays at my daughter's on Saturdays.
Whoever has targeted me also slashed my son's four tyres meaning he loses his shift today.

Other than sacking the window cleaner on Wednesday I've definitely not pissed anyone else off. I've left the front gate 10 times since my truck got damaged and 5 of those were neuro appointments. I have my suspicions the window guys had something to do with damaging my truck in early June. I could be wrong
Either way this is a targeted attack on me,

No that my limited adrenals are calming down, the full aftershock due to my adrenal insufficiency is kicking in. The police have left and I'm now waiting on the cocktail of vallium, sleeping pills, anti depressants and my adrenal steroids to kick in and knock me out for a few hours.

A big thanks to you all here, you've helped me get through the night with your stories, quirky comments and humour. This site felt like a really safe place.

However, now it's sleep time and when I get up this afternoon I'll be helping my son getting 4 new low profile tyres, phoning the glazier and most importantly getting organised for my 30 years wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better and Mrs K draws me a kind look (or more).

Thanks again lads, sometimes you're helping by just being you.

Wow! Sorry you went through this, and on the eve of you anniversary, at that. Hope you and Missus K can somehow put all that mess behind you for a well deserved celebration.

The police response time was 4 hours and 10 minutes?!? To a call involving an assailant at your residence and a death threat? Wow, again! o_O😠😡 I'm glad I live in Texas, where my personal safety isn't wholly dependent on the cops showing up 4 hours later to take down a report.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
I'd have a very hard time sleeping. Hope both you fellas get some closure.
We've had a bit of closure on the house being attacked.
They managed to avoid our cameras, but were too thick to spot my neighbours, so we saw who it was. Plus, my son managed to trace the previous owner of the car and subsequently who he sold it to.

It's my daughter's ex who's responsible. The daft lowlife thought he could get away with attacking our place because there's a restriction on him being in the same town as my daughter.

Police statements given and warrant out for his arrest, he's already on the lam for not turning up at court for domestic abuse and stalking regarding my daughter. Add another few crimes he's been either slapped on the wrists for or still to face, it looks like he'll be facing a bit of His Majesty's pleasure.

That said, jail is going to be the least of his problems.

As regards my truck getting damaged in June, we've worked out who it was, but the cops aren't interested because they not enough proof.
I'll wait until my health is better and then consider my options.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
They managed to avoid our cameras, but were too thick to spot my neighbours, so we saw who it was. Plus, my son managed to trace the previous owner of the car and subsequently who he sold it to.

It's my daughter's ex who's responsible. The daft lowlife thought he could get away with attacking our place because there's a restriction on him being in the same town as my daughter.

Police statements given and warrant out for his arrest, he's already on the lam for not turning up at court for domestic abuse and stalking regarding my daughter. Add another few crimes he's been either slapped on the wrists for or still to face, it looks like he'll be facing a bit of His Majesty's pleasure.

As regards my truck getting damaged in June, we've worked out who it was, but the cops aren't interested because they not enough proof.
Hey I'm really glad to hear you're about to give the guy a rest from public life. Knowing the culprit is a strange type of relief. For me, it would go from the worry of who woulda to That EmmEffer real fast. You showed proper restraint, he's probably lucky for that.

Regarding the other situation, Im a firm believer in what goes around comes around. You don't do something like they did once, they'll get theirs in due time.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter

Now that you know, time is your friend. I would lay low and wait until all of it is forgotten about and when the opportunity presents itself do what you think is fair. Or not. Sounds like this jackhole will likely do something else to further screw up his life like nature taking her course.