Thankful Easter

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
Yesterday my friend got a call that his soon to be son-in-law had suffered a brain aneurysm. My friend and his wife are flying to be there this morning.
I’m sitting on the couch with my wife and our puppy enjoying coffee and playing guitar.
On Friday my friend probably assumed his Easter morning would be similar to mine.
Take nothing for granted. I’m very grateful this morning.
Happy Easter everyone.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Yesterday my friend got a call that his soon to be son-in-law had suffered a brain aneurysm. My friend and his wife are flying to be there this morning.
I’m sitting on the couch with my wife and our puppy enjoying coffee and playing guitar.
On Friday my friend probably assumed his Easter morning would be similar to mine.
Happy Easter everyone.
The Mrs and I are off to have a day with our Kids and our remaining Parents.
It's a blessing that not everyone gets to enjoy.
Happy Easter to All!

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Happy Easter everyone.
Thanks for your Easter post.
This is my first Easter since my mom died last June, and (surprisingly) I felt a bit pensive today. I decided to take a little drive through the neighborhood where I grew up, and let the memories "flow". I passed my old Elementary and Jr High schools, and then our old house. EVERYTHING has changed and is different, but I could still see them as they were almost seventy years ago. I don't ever "dwell" or obsess on the past, but it is such an integral part of my psyche that I can't help but acknowledge it. I am grateful every day for the blessings I've been given, however modest, and pray I'll never lose that appreciation.
Best wishes to all for a happy Easter.....and a happy "every day" as well. ;)

twangking

Friend of Leo's
Ate some spicy thai food today and was thankful I made it to the toilet and none of my relatives were in the bathroom. Did a bit of a funky shuffle to get in there probably looked disco fly as hell.

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
As we get older, our family, friends, and artists we like start to fall away or have health issues etc. I hear something way to often lately. It makes me sad and worried. Each day it is not us is a good one I guess. Hang in there everyone!!! Be healthy and try to get the most out of what we have left.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Thanks for your Easter post.
This is my first Easter since my mom died last June, and (surprisingly) I felt a bit pensive today. I decided to take a little drive through the neighborhood where I grew up, and let the memories "flow". I passed my old Elementary and Jr High schools, and then our old house. EVERYTHING has changed and is different, but I could still see them as they were almost seventy years ago. I don't ever "dwell" or obsess on the past, but it is such an integral part of my psyche that I can't help but acknowledge it. I am grateful every day for the blessings I've been given, however modest, and pray I'll never lose that appreciation.
Best wishes to all for a happy Easter.....and a happy "every day" as well. ;)

I can really relate. I have been remodeling my childhood home for a year. After that amount of time, I am no longer as pensive as I once was . . . but there is always nostalgia when I'm working on the rooms I lived in and helped to build (pre-teen to early 20s). I learned to play guitar in this room. There's a 52-year span between these two pictures.

1650294986004.png

Last edited: