Thank You, TDPRI Administrators!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Fiesta Red, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cysquatch

Cysquatch Tele-Holic

I think it's not so much that it really is a political statement, and I'd wager certainly not with the good folks around here. But, there are some other elements that would like to make it one and take it other places. So it's probably better to just stick to the zero tolerance rule and nip things in the bud to be on the safe side. Even if the bud may hang far from the vine. I trust the mods here on it.

One of my favorite things about this website is how well it's moderated. Sure, I guess some people would like to sit and chew the fat about politics, but this board isn't for that and that fact is clearly stated. I like being able to come here and see only guitar, or recently squirrel, related content.

2. televillian

televillian Tele-Afflicted

how many mods do we have here?

3. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

I don't know, but I think one of them is going to have to post another sticky...

televillian likes this.
  4. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Holic

We know the world is not a happy place and it's nice to have a get away from it, well done mods? :)

rockhound, Deathray and Fretting out like this.
  5. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Holic

:) :) :)

6. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I've never really felt the mods did too much here, even as a few of us complain about one or another thread getting closed sooner than the individual would have preferred.
    If anything there's times when the good nature of the TDPRI gets soured for maybe longer than I'd like, before the mods step in and call it enough.
    But of course there must be some behind the scenes attempts to contain such problems before we see them stopped.
    Tough job and most of us agree that this place is a few cuts about the others, in just being a good place.
    No accident there!

7. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

I'm sure if you really wanted to make a political statement, you could write a song and post it in the music thread.

Then it's more than just another random dudes opinion that nobody cares about.

Bravo mods! The minute it turns into cnn on here, I'm gone.

Tele22 likes this.
  8. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I wonder sometimes if hitting the report icon on particularly rude posts would be helpful to the mods?
    Or if they get lots of reports AKA complaints and it just makes their job harder?

We all share this community and I like to support any community I'm a part of, even when I don't agree with everyone.

daddyplaysbass and boredguy6060 like this.
  9. televillian

televillian Tele-Afflicted

i`m workin on the lyrics. the title is "Wastrel"

10. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I have mentioned this before and I will again.
    I was a member of a political forum that totally melted down. The depth of hostility that that forum spiraled into could not be over stated. There were moderators but they could not begin to stay on top of the violations. The owner tried several approaches to try and control the forum but in the end shutting it down totally and completely was the solution. It didn’t start that way, but it ended that way. You’d be amazed at how fast you can go from lively discussion to death threats and threats of violence on a daily basis.
    So I do not resent the moderators even when I don’t understand what the violations were. I have had posts deleted and words deleted several times. I just move on with the hope that I don’t make the same mistake again.

dlew919, Fretting out and AAT65 like this.
  11. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

12. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

Going to take this guitar, and write a bluesy sonata about the year 2020. A little Dylan, McCartney, throw in
    some Otis and see what transpires. May take awhile, the year is still young.

13. Rusty Spanner

Rusty Spanner Tele-Meister

I like this place.

It reminds me of the travelling I've done and the almost overwhelming friendliness of the people I met along the way.

I post on another forum which can be very political, and as a politically aware person I contribute a lot to those discussions.
    I don't think forums are really conductive to political chat - they lack the humanity that anonymity seems to deny.

I'm happy that this place is apolitical.
    It's rapidly becoming my friendly place of refuge, a little corner of the internet where I am guaranteed to find something that represents the best of us.

Love to all.

Frodebro, Modman68 and Martian like this.
  14. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

8710C273-1E30-4B63-8861-87681E6E2243.jpeg

RomanS, carpenter, teletimetx and 9 others like this.
  15. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

People like to complain about threads being shut down, but these are not the mods first rodeo, they know where the threads go.

Frodebro and Fiesta Red like this.
  16. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

It's not the mods first rodeo.

17. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I don't always agree when posts are taken down or closed but I understand. It's a guitar forum other than "Bad Dog". I have probably been reported and I have reported when I feel like something is trying to make a political point. In fact, I try not to get triggered by some things strike me the wrong way. Again, maybe some of my posts cause someone to have an itchy trigger finger.
    I think it should also apply to folks "sig line" but I typically block posters who have a thinly veiled commentary in their sig line.
    If I step over the line then I am not offended. To be honest, it's a wonder that more posts don't get sidetracked. That's a byproduct of folks knowing the rules and the moderators doing their job.

boredguy6060 likes this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

I consider politics anti-thetical to intellect. I'd like to see it against the rules - everywhere.

19. teletail

teletail Tele-Holic

I don't always agree with the mods, but having been with a social media company during the dot com era, I know how much work running a forum like this is. I always say, "If you don't like the rules, vote with your feet."

I do enjoy a place where I can get away from politics.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  20. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Tele-Meister

This is an odd one for me; having been a moderator on a forum myself, I can assure everyone that it's an endless task that can take hours out of your day. There's much in the way of directing people to the right places, moving threads to the right forum area, dealing with questions from members (the answers for most of which are freely available in the relevant forum areas), imagined slights, trades disputes.... The list goes on. And that's before we even get to the enforcing the forum rules, which can be a real minefield. Users of one forum often say "yeah, but on another forum I use we can discuss politics / post pictures of ourselves in flagrante / use unpleasant language / etc etc" and seem to think that this therefore should apply to every forum they use. Then there's the users who constantly report other users for imagined slights (often when they're the worst perpetrators themselves!). I could go on, but you get the picture.

I actually left the forum that I'd been a moderator of for five years because of a political swing that had taken place within the membership and the moderation team believed, rightly or wrongly, that folk should be allowed to say, within the rules, exactly what they wanted to say. I agreed with this in theory, but it seemed to me that the rules were perhaps wider than I felt comfortable with. My view was that if I wasn't able to do my job and have a clear conscience about it, it was better to leave the forum.

Personally, I'd like to be able to discuss politics here, especially as the majority of you guys are in the US and the political landscape there is very different to ours in the UK. However, if the moderation team have decided that this causes more harm than good to the site then so be it - their house, their rules.

I don't agree with every moderation decision that I see on TDPRI. Who does? This is pretty much irrelevant though - the mods have their job to do and they do it well. Their job isn't to make the moderation decisions I would like, it's to make the right moderation decisions.

The bottom line is that the moderation team work very hard (we maybe see a small percentage of what they actually do) and whether we agree with all their decisions or not we should be grateful that they keep the forum working, friendly and accessible to everyone.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.