Texas Setup

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I've personally never heard this term before. Fender makes a line of pickups called Texas Specials, but that's the closest I've got.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
20211223_120814.jpg

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Many years ago playing in a country band on the American air bases a couple of guys put the ‘thin’ set of strings from a twelve string on their six string guitars to give it a ‘toppy’ tone for rhythm playing. That, I remember they called ‘Texas tuning’.

JCL50

Tele-Holic
Many years ago playing in a country band on the American air bases a couple of guys put the ‘thin’ set of strings from a twelve string on their six string guitars to give it a ‘toppy’ tone for rhythm playing. That, I remember they called ‘Texas tuning’.
That's Nashville tuning, D'addario sells electric or acoustic strings called this way.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire

That's Nashville tuning, D'addario sells electric or acoustic strings called this way.
As @JCL50 said, that’s Nashville tuning…

One of the more interesting uses of this setup is the rhythm line to The Rolling Stones “Street Fighting Man”…Keef mic’d an acoustic with Nashville tuning into cassette player and pushed that signal onto the rhythm line of that recording.

Having said that, I don’t know what a “Texas Setup” is—as a lifelong Texan and a huge fan of Texas music of all types, I think I’d have at least heard of it.