Testing Bandmaster with one speaker

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Sparky472, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Start a various, this Showman came to me in a a home built 2x0 cab, and I realized that it would slip right into an empty Pro Sonic cab I bought. Voila! If he wants the Bandmaster cab, then the Bandmaster chassis Inhave will go into the Pro Sonic cab. If the Bandmaster chassis had not been much abused I old no sell the head cab...even though the cab and chassis are not original to each other. Someone actually gutted a BF Bandmaster chassis and built a solid state amp in it. They hogged out crude holes which I had to have repaired. My friend did a fantastic job of re-establishing the chassis metal and sockets.
    As for the Showman/Dual Showman thing, at that time there was no ‘Dual’ applied to the front panel. The OT model number tells one what one has. This one is a Dual Showman with the 4 ohm OT.

2. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

you dont need to replace the transformer. Look up Steve Kimocks posts on thegearpage regarding impedence mismatches. A bandmaster on an 8 ohm load is a go-to set up for him

3. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

interesting

as far as cabs, I had my Celestion V30 in a Hughes & Kettner 1x12 closed back cabinet for the longest time and only last year took the grill cloth off to notice that the baffle had a port in it

would I be imagining things to imagine this ported cabinet gets a similar effect to a cab with a tone ring? isn't a tone ring basically a port *around* the speaker's circumference?

Wally likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.