Terry Kath model Tele….

yettoblaster

Tele-Meister
Great idea!

But I’d need a couple more life times to get a 25 or 6 to 4 solo into my fingers, in order to play out in public with one!

Maybe if it had a little crank on it connected to that solo

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I know that terry Kath played a Tele, but I think of him as an SG guy.
The only time I saw Chicago live, Terry was playing a Les Paul. (Recording, Professional, ?) That's the picture that will always stick in my mind.
That, and the Stratocaster he used live at Tanglewood. ;)
Added.....just looked it up, and it WAS the Les Paul Recording model he used. Those were extra heavy, even for a Les Paul.....and Terry swung it around like a ukulele.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
All dressed up. nice vid and tele..
Saw an article on his sister finding the tele recently.

tcadam

Tele-Afflicted
Minor correction: it was his daughter that found it residing with her step-grandmother. Anyway, she made a documentary about it called The Terry Kath Experience that's worth your time to look for.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Minor correction: it was his daughter that found it residing with her step-grandmother. Anyway, she made a documentary about it called The Terry Kath Experience that's worth your time to look for.
It really is worth watching, I watched it months ago when it was on whatever network it was on. A lot of her talking with his bandmates, and visiting where they used to record. I'll bet it's available on YouTube or other streaming outlets.

In fact with a quick search, I just found it.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
The only reason to own a guitar that looks like that is if you could make it sound like him. When he bought it it didn't look like that...

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
It really is worth watching, I watched it months ago when it was on whatever network it was on. A lot of her talking with his bandmates, and visiting where they used to record. I'll bet it's available on YouTube or other streaming outlets.

In fact with a quick search, I just found it.

Wow that was touching. Thanks.