1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Terminology: Front Man

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Norton72, Sep 23, 2013.

1. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

Sammy Hagar can play air guitar better than most.

He's got that cool rock voice too.

2. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

3. Jackson Jackson

Jackson Jackson Friend of Leo's

Anyone who doesn't think Sammy can't handle his business or wasn't fantastic in Van Halen needs to watch this...

I love the Dave era as well, and I've seen them with all three singers (including the tour in the above clip) and Sammy just kills it every time. I know it's all a bit goofy, but these guys were kings at the time. AND Sammy was 42 at the time!!!

4. sax4blues

sax4blues Friend of Leo's

I always thought of the front man as the spokesperson, which will usually be the singer. This may have been more significant when dance bands were larger and had a definite band leader who usually was not the singer.

Ted Nugent, Ronnie Montrose, Robin Trower were the bands namesake players, but they weren't the front man. In Fall Out Boy Patrick Stump is the singer but Pete Wentz does all the talking, I'm not sure who the front man is that situation.

5. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Brian Epstein was the glue that kept the Beatles going. When he died, the clock started ticking.

Ultimately, their demise came down to disagreements over their business affairs. John, George, and Ringo wanted Allen Klein to manage them, Paul didn't trust him and wanted to go with Lee Eastman. Eastman was his wife's father, but he was also a competent businessman and someone Paul could trust.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.