Tennessee whiskey

Skydog1010

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Myself I prefer Kentucky bourbon over most anything.
Knob Creek 60% ABV seems to be my current favorite.👍. But I look around for upper end Kentucky bourbons from time to time. Not a real fan of Makers Mark. Never warmed up to Scotch myself, I don't care how old it is. Regard Tennessee - JD - stopped drinking that years ago, except for a bottle of JD Rye I had a few months back, it was ok.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If you really believe that then you must not have heard the Chris Stapleton version.
I am a died in the wool George Jones fan, I even like, but wouldn't let him in my house, David Allan Coe. To me though, their versions of Tennesse Whiskey compared to Chris Stapleton's sounds like someone doing a cheap cover using a cheap pocket transistor radio to broadcast it through. Chris really takes that song to a new dimension.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
We have done that song for years DAC style. When Stapleton made it a hit again we stopped playing it. Band finally talked me into trying the Stapleton version about a year ago. Fills the dance floor everywhere country or rock venue. I figured out how to hit the high note the dancers will stop dancing and start clapping and cheering. This has happened several times and I gotta admit I get a rush every time it happens. Oh for the record I like Jim beam. Lol

FaithNicole

Tele-Meister
We don't play DAC version, too country for our genre.
We also don't play CS, for some reason the other band members have a distaste for it. All I know is, whenever house music is on the CS version inevitably plays at least twice.

I like the CS version, simple to play and I get into it swaying on the stage. I love to dance, hard to do while playing on stage.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
In those happy/sad days of drinking, I had a friend who had a buddy who knew some guys that produced the sweetest corn liquor ever to numb your lips. If you were a regular customer, and were willing to buy jars by the case, they'd let you have the 120-140 proof stuff. Clearer than distilled water. I can't do that stuff anymore, but there were times, on a crisp fall evening, sitting out on the porch . . . . .