TENNESSEE - The MUSIC State!

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by mojo, Mar 29, 2014.

1. mojo

mojo TDPRI Member

Looked 3 times and couldn't believe my eyes - Tennessee not representin' here on TDPRI! We've probably got more Telecasters per capita than anywhere on the planet, and some of the best players in the galaxy.

So I'll put the word out for all you Nashville Cats, Memphis bluesmen and rockabillies, Knoxville country/bluegrass pickers and all the other fabulous plank spankers across this great state of ours - lay down a few choice licks on your keyboard to let the world know you're proud to be from the most musical state in the USA!

I'm up at the Top of TN - Clarksville area. Give me a heads up if you've got some great musical adventures underway close by!

2. johnnyelgato

johnnyelgato TDPRI Member

hey from tennessee too!

now there's two of us look out!

3. Big tuna

Big tuna Tele-Holic

im from east TN and there are more here than you think !

CLPeterman likes this.
  4. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

There are a pile of people on here from Tennessee. My son lives in Clarkesville. He is a great musician, but does not get on this board.

5. dr.chevalier

dr.chevalier Tele-Holic

new member here at tdpri (first post, too). also new to diy, finished a parts-caster last week and have a boothill kit on the way. rock on my fellow volunteers

6. Drjayz

Drjayz TDPRI Member

I'd like to be a part of y'all's group to... My Gggrandma came from Tenn to Texas in 1841 when it was a Republic... But my family goes back to y'all's area in the Revolution... Greene County, North Carolina which became Cocke County, Tenn...my 6th Gggrandma had Fines Creek named for him when he was killed by Indians... His brother Major Peter Fine they say was the Father of Newport. I made some records at Fireside Studio in Nashville in 1983... With Tom Brumley , my Steele man, Buddy Spicher, Hargus "pig" Robbins, Gene Chrisman, Doyal Grisham, and a couple others... Been playing 40+ yrs, and have a little studio. In central Texas. I have a collection of 48 guitars including 3Teles.

7. dr.chevalier

dr.chevalier Tele-Holic

You're more than welcome to join, good sir. Texas and Tennessee have a ton in common. They start with Te, country music (and teles) have a long and rich history in both, and everyone knows we like volunteers! I was in the Austin area last year and it was lovely. Stopped in the small town of Royse (sp?) and ate at Luigi's cafe. It was a little street front mom and pop looking place. That was the BEST Italian food I've ever had. I was wondering what the fuss was about regarding Italian cuisine. I found out when I had Luigi's! I've considered making the drive just to eat there again. Anywho, welcome!

8. Boodreaux

Boodreaux Tele-Meister

I'm from the Manchester area, otherwise known as Bonnaroo the past 12 years. I'm originally from the Kingsport area and have lived in Johnson City for a spell. I'm moving to the Pacific Northwest within the next year, so i thought I had better join while I still can.

9. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

After spending most of my life in Tennessee, I'd like to be an honorary member since I'm a visitor to that state at this point. :D Let's hear it for Mmmelvis, err Memphis!

10. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I just figured all you folks were actually playing and not hanging 'round the internet.

Boodreaux likes this.
  11. dblues

dblues Tele-Holic

Guess it's time to join. Never was the best guitar player in any other town so when I moved the family here from Chicago area in 97 it felt like home. Except, wait a minute, where's the Italian Beef? What? This is not pizza!

Love it here and don't miss the Chi town winters although today feels pretty close.

12. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Live in KY now, but was born in raised in East TN. Kingsport, to be precise.

Boodreaux and logankolarick like this.
  13. Boodreaux

Boodreaux Tele-Meister

I also grew up in the Kingsport area, but moved away. I recently visited Morrell Music and saw Jeff Hashbarger is still keeping the torch lit. But I couldn't believe how much Kingsport has changed! I did get some Italian Village pizza though. It's the best ever IMHO.

Bruxist likes this.
  14. hal

hal Tele-Afflicted

Long standing member in Memphis. And--proud to say I take the music from TN and MS seriously!

Everyone check out The River and the Thread by Rosanne Cash. It speaks well to this point. And---loaded with Tele.

15. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Used to hang out at Morrell all the time. My first two guitars are from there. Still have them!

Love me some Italian Villiage. About the oldest business still in the mall!

Boodreaux likes this.
  16. ElatedErieLotus

ElatedErieLotus Tele-Meister

Greetings from Knoxville

Don't really have anything to say, just hey from. Knoxville.

17. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Present and accounted for.

18. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Born in an lived most of my life in Memphis within 2 miles of Graceland. Even went to school at Graceland Jr. High.

19. Big Monz

Big Monz Tele-Meister

Guess I shoulda checked in here A long time ago.

I live down in Franklin, TN, south of Nashvile. Most of my adult days were spent in Atlanta area, and nothing against that (big) city, but this is what I consider home.

Hey, if anyone in the Nahville area is ever interested in getting together for a jam, let me know!

Boodreaux likes this.
  20. CLPeterman

CLPeterman TDPRI Member

Seems to be a lot of people that are in/from the Tricities here. I lived in Murfreesboro for a few years and before I moved up here to go to ETSU.

EDIT: ETSU has a guitar building class now. Which is how I ended up on this forum.

logankolarick, Boodreaux and Bruxist like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.